Atc Hybrid October Sign-Up Thread!

Bride

If you are a tactile person - like me - then I know you will LOVE making and receiving Hybrid ATC's! We use our digital supplies and add to them little bits of embellishments (buttons, ribbons, charms, glitter - the list is as endless as your imagination!) to decorate and add dimension to these "mini-beauties". Typically we make 9 ATC's, keep one for yourself and mail in 8, then you would receive 8 back. This may change slightly depending how many sign up. (*NOTE*: we typically average between 10 and 12 participants so you could be making as many as 13 cards*)

Sign Up: If you want to join the swap, please sign up below. I'll send you a private message with my mailing address and add your name to the list in post #2. The first 8 people who respond in this thread are in the swap. I'll be the 9th person. If more than 9 sign up I have a couple of back-up plans (making additional groups or making a few extra cards – see *NOTE* above) as long as you meet the sign-up deadline. Sign-up deadline for this round is 11:00 PM August 19th!

Once we determine the amount of cards to make in the group, you have 34 days to make and mail your cards to me. I would like to receive them on or before September 22. This gives me a little cushion in case the postal services cause us some issues. (Word of advice – don't wait until one week before mailing, you don't want to put undo pressure on yourself.)

Mailing: Please include a self addressed return envelope big enough to hold your ATC's for the return trip and loose US postage stamps in the amount you used to mail it to me plus a couple of extra in case some are heavier for the return trip. I'll send back any unused postage.

Mailing Tips: We have found that the best way to mail ATC's is in this format: buy baseball trading card page holders. These are 8 1/2" x 11" pages with 9 pockets in them. If you put your 8 ATC's in the pockets and your loose postage in the last pocket they will travel well. Then, you can fold up the page in thirds and it fits in a legal sized envelope. This saves on postage costs and they arrive safe and sound. (Don't forget that self-addressed return envelope!) You may want to tape the envelope closed to assure it doesn't come open. Always include your return address just in case. When your swap comes back to you, add your ATC to the remaining holder and now you have a sheet of ATC's to add to your ATC binder or start a new ATC binder.

The theme for this swap is "Foreign Countries". You can pick any foreign country that interests you – it may be your heritage, a place you have visited, or long to visit, or one that you would like to learn more about and research before making your card. We are NOT going to name our countries in the thread – lets let them be a surprise!! (shhh! Mums the word!) If we get duplicate countries it will be so fun to see how each artist interpreted it. Have fun with this!!

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me! I'm excited to see the creative Country Cards you talented ladies send!! Chat will be Tuesday, October 4th at 7 pm mt (6 pacific/ 8 Central / 9 Eastern)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! You ladies are fast!! I just posted this and went back to edit it to make it easier to read and my internet went down! UGH!! LOL Anyway ... this will be the tab post:

Shannon - received

Lei - done

Tiza - received

Carla - received

Goosie - received

Elisha - received

DiannaC- received

Smiles - received

Jane - received

Andrea - received

TeeCee - received

Butterflykisses - reveived

I do enjoy making these and this is a really fun topic...but I'm going to have to ponder for a few days....I am just so swamped with things right now, the thought of putting another thing on my to-do list is a bit over whelming.

Wow, this filled up fast. Lei just PM'd me so I'd see it while at band camp. While I'd love to do another one, marching band and my DS's senior year of cross-country have my September pretty full (plus I'm doing the hybrid card swap...) so I think I'll sit and watch this one. I hope to be able to join in next time!

I cannot stand not getting these cards. To get these cards I have to submit one. My floors might not get polished and we may eat carry out for a few days, but I will find time to submit something. I hope you will all bear with my "simplicity" approach. Sign me up!

Ummm, Ann & Andrea, they'll be wonderful. We'll love them.

We are our own worst critics.

:)

Amen to that Gayle!! Updated the list ... and I'm excited to see you all on it!!

I'm leaving for about 10 days Wednesday, but will be thinking about what I want to do while I'm gone and get right on it when I get back. I'm very excited and bought the ATC templates in the boutique just as a jumping off point.

Archived