4 replies to this topic

#1 cisco

cisco

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

In PS CS3 how do you continuously tile a dot to make something like a dotted swiss pattern on your paper or a name tiled in the background? No colors just a pattern. I've tried the pattern maker, but if that's the way, I must be doing something wrong. It either distorts my image or it takes forever to complete. I started one and walked away and came back in 30 minutes to find it was about 1/8 of the way to finish generating.

I used to use PSP XI and clicked on the foreground color and chose pattern and then a dot that I created by itself in the center of the small square and told it to go 45 degree angle at scale of 100% and as soon as I click on the fill area it was there. no waiting.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to open up PSP to do part of my layout.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 cisco

cisco

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

In PS CS3 how do you continuously tile a dot to make something like a dotted swiss pattern on your paper or a name tiled in the background? No colors just a pattern. I've tried the pattern maker, but if that's the way, I must be doing something wrong. It either distorts my image or it takes forever to complete. I started one and walked away and came back in 30 minutes to find it was about 1/8 of the way to finish generating.

I used to use PSP XI and clicked on the foreground color and chose pattern and then a dot that I created by itself in the center of the small square and told it to go 45 degree angle at scale of 100% and as soon as I click on the fill area it was there. no waiting.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to open up PSP to do part of my layout.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 cisco

cisco

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

ok I finally found a tutorial that tells me how to create a pattern and I created a small canvas and placed a single large dot inside and filled with the pattern. But how do you change the degree that the pattern is applied and the scale?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,536 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

Sorry, I use PSE 9 and have never used this pattern thingie. Glad you found something to help you.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#5 Jster025

Jster025

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

I don’t know if the full CS versions have the ability to ‘offset’ patterns or not. I know that PSE does not. It is something I really miss from using Corel products (I used their CorelDraw suite, not PSP).

The only way I’ve found to accomplish the goal with PSE is to create a tile that is offset—two dots offset in a rectangle or 4 dots offset in a square. I prefer the squares because they are easier to work with. Say a 2x2 inch so that you have 2-1inch square rows and columns. Then put a dot in the center of the top left square and another in the bottom right.

Maybe someone else knows if you can ‘offset’ with CS, but what I do with PSE will get your job done in the meantime. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users