Ps Cs3 Continuous Tiling A Dot Or Name

cisco

In PS CS3 how do you continuously tile a dot to make something like a dotted swiss pattern on your paper or a name tiled in the background? No colors just a pattern. I've tried the pattern maker, but if that's the way, I must be doing something wrong. It either distorts my image or it takes forever to complete. I started one and walked away and came back in 30 minutes to find it was about 1/8 of the way to finish generating.

I used to use PSP XI and clicked on the foreground color and chose pattern and then a dot that I created by itself in the center of the small square and told it to go 45 degree angle at scale of 100% and as soon as I click on the fill area it was there. no waiting.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to open up PSP to do part of my layout.

In PS CS3 how do you continuously tile a dot to make something like a dotted swiss pattern on your paper or a name tiled in the background? No colors just a pattern. I've tried the pattern maker, but if that's the way, I must be doing something wrong. It either distorts my image or it takes forever to complete. I started one and walked away and came back in 30 minutes to find it was about 1/8 of the way to finish generating.

I used to use PSP XI and clicked on the foreground color and chose pattern and then a dot that I created by itself in the center of the small square and told it to go 45 degree angle at scale of 100% and as soon as I click on the fill area it was there. no waiting.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to open up PSP to do part of my layout.

ok I finally found a tutorial that tells me how to create a pattern and I created a small canvas and placed a single large dot inside and filled with the pattern. But how do you change the degree that the pattern is applied and the scale?

I don’t know if the full CS versions have the ability to ‘offset’ patterns or not. I know that PSE does not. It is something I really miss from using Corel products (I used their CorelDraw suite, not PSP).

The only way I’ve found to accomplish the goal with PSE is to create a tile that is offset—two dots offset in a rectangle or 4 dots offset in a square. I prefer the squares because they are easier to work with. Say a 2x2 inch so that you have 2-1inch square rows and columns. Then put a dot in the center of the top left square and another in the bottom right.

Maybe someone else knows if you can ‘offset’ with CS, but what I do with PSE will get your job done in the meantime. Hope this helps.

Archived