5 replies to this topic

#1 SallyA

SallyA

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

This is probably the wrong area for this post - but I'm not sure where to ask it.

I'm in charge of making name tags for my high school class reunion next summer. We want them to have people's senior pictures on them along with their name/maiden name.

Does anybody have any thoughts about an easy way to make those name tags?

Thanks so much for any help.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

I looked in the Boutique but did not see a template for "name tags", so here is how I would tackle the job – but someone else may have an easier way.

First, take a trip to your office supply store – Staples, or whatever and look for the name tags that you would like to use. Avery is a good brand. Next, using Microsoft Word go under Tools/Letters & Mailings / Envelopes & Labels. You will get a task window. Click on the Labels tab then click on the [Options] button. Scroll down that list until you find the Avery Name Tag product you purchased – select and click "New Document". Your word document will open up to show a page that will be divided to look like the sheets of name tags you just purchased.

I would then open my PS/PSE and start a new document with the exact measurements as the individual tag. That information should be on the box of the tags you purchased. On your new document in PS/PSE (or whatever program you use) you can make a mask so that the spot where you want the senior picture to be placed on the tag will be uniform. I am assuming you are scanning from a year book? Using the mask, make all your photos uniform, saving individually as a jpeg. You also can get your basic design done on your single tag and save as a png.

Go back to your word document, click on the first name tag, then go to the top and click "Insert" – when the menu opens navigate to where you saved your designed tag and click to insert on your tag sheet. You can highlight/copy/paste on the remainder tags so now your 8.5 x 11 sheet is filled with your design.

Now come the tedious part. You will have to click on each individual tag, "Insert" and choose where you stored your senior pictures and place it on the tag. You can move the photo into the spot you designed to hold it, then type the information you want to include on each tag. Repeat this for each individual's name tag.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but once you get your base set up it is pretty repetitive. As I said, someone may have a much simpler way – but this is how I would tackle the job.

#3 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 17,756 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

It looks like Lei has given you a great plan. Good luck on having them come out great.

gallery_15063_3635_28639.png

BLINKIE_StayCation-Pool.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG_Olympian.pngBLINKIE_StayCation-Luau.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gif

#4 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,740 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

Wow - thanks for explaining that Lei - I'm saving your great directions right now!

gallery_19549_304_6980.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_welcoming.gif

#5 SallyA

SallyA

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Thanks so much for the wonderful details. This is just what I was looking for.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 SallyA

SallyA

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Could somebody give me a little bit of instruction about how to make a mask like Lei mentioned in her instructions. I should (and probably do) know how to do this but it's just not coming to me.

By the way, I'm using PSE 8.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users