September 2011 Forum Game

April Showers

It's that time again - Posting Contest time! This is where you are rewarded for your flying fingers and chattiness. The Contest will run from September 1st when we post the thread to September 30th at 12:00 Midnight (MST).

To enter the Message Board Posting Challenge, you MUST reply in this game thread with your CURRENT post count. This is the number under your Avatar that shows when you post. (NOTE: Do not post the number found on your profile; it is a different number that is calculated differently.) During the month, chat your fingers off! At midnight on September 30th, we will calculate your post count based on the numbers posted in the original thread.

PostingContest_600.jpg

PRIZES: Members with Message Board posts over 50 will be put in a drawing for a $5 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate. Members with Message Board posts over 200 will be put in a drawing for both the $5 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate and a $10 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate. Members with Message Board posts over 400 will be put in a drawing for a $15 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate, as well as the $5 and $10 Gift Certificates.

Image uses 1 Scrap Girls Anniversary Collection and Lettering Delights Antique Poster Font

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sept. is already here? I haven't finished with summer yet! I hope everyone had a good summer, and for our friends in the southern hemisphere (Hi Belle!) I hope winter wasn't too cold, now it's your turn to get warm and our turn to get colder!

I'm wrestling with the reality that I'm going to become an "empty nester" on Monday. My son, Ben (my one and only kid) is leaving for college on Monday (Montclair State U. in Montclair, NJ). He's living in the dorms and although he will be only 40 minutes away, it feels like he's going cross-country! My DH takes it all in stride, but I'm getting a little anxious. The house is going to be very quiet! How have the empty nesters here dealt with this?

Thanks,

Marcy

Hi there Marcy, Spring day here today and quite cold. Here in the Western Cape we had a very pleasant and mild winter. As for you son, the first time he runs out of shirts, he will be home. I love the 'empty nest'. My kids all live close by and I can see them anytime so I am lucky. Just think of all the scrapping time you will have.

Remember - we have various tiers of chattiness prizes to give away. So everyone can have a chance to win, even if you can only leave 50 comments this month.

If you leave just 2 forum comments each day of September (such as one on the birthday thread and one in a game or challenge thread) that would be 60 posts for the month and would get you in the drawing for a $5 GC!! Two a day - that's easy!!

If you are aiming for the next tier (200 comments for a chance at a $5 GC or a $10 GC), that's only about 7 posts a day!!

I begin with 84.

I will give it a shot but am not very good at this. I tend to read stuff in a hurry and have every intention of replying later, then either space it out or become too tired to do it. I guess I can at least begin aiming for the 50 posts and take it from there.:)

Archived