Congratulations Annb!

CRS

So now I've had time to look over what has been done in the past & I see that most of the past MOMs have put something in here about themselves. After pondering a bit here's what I have to say (I know it's probably too long, but I'm posting it anyway! LOL):

I am overwhelmed! (I got over my speechlessness – watch out! LOL) Thank you so much for the great honor of being chosen MOM. The Lord’s timing on this was perfect; it’s been a very difficult period in my life and this has certainly started September off in a whole new light.

When I first found SG I signed up for the newsletter, I read Ro’s musings with great faithfulness. But I never explored the website much, in fact once I got done reading the muses I stopped and didn’t even finish the newsletter. Little did I know that there was a freebie every day. Wow, I missed so much – and it wasn’t just the freebies that I missed out on, it was getting to know everyone involved in the forums and chats. When our world seemed to fall apart and I spent many sleepless nights I decided to explore further and signed up on the website. The rest has been a flurry of activity since I found all of you beautiful, supportive people at SG.

Scrapbooking first began for me as a paper scrapper in about 2002. My DDs were into it and convinced me I would enjoy it as well, which I did. One day I was searching online for something and discovered the world of digital scrapbooking and though I still have my paper supplies I hardly ever use them. In fact I’ve considered getting rid of all those things and going totally digital. I have learned so much since I started digital in 2006; the difference between those first pages and the ones now is phenomenal! I owe much of that to the wonderful classes I’ve had at SG. I’m proud to say I’ve convinced my DD to go digital as well, you might know jdhochstetler here at SG, that’s one of them. My other DD is interested, but way to busy working full-time, going to school, & raising 3 kids. But she is a member, 3kidsmom is her user name here & she did go to the Ohio Meet-Up with us.

This was supposed to be short wasn’t it? But I have to close with a word about ScrapGirls. The warm friendly atmosphere that has been created here is superb (thank you Ro for following through on your wonderful plans to make it so great!) I’ve learned so much here – the chats, the forums, the people are all fantastic and I’m so proud to be a part of it all. Last spring I had the pleasure of meeting some of you in Ohio, even meeting that passionate, purple primate -- Huckleberry.  The meet-up was one of the highlights of 2011 for me!

My favorite chats have to be the Speed Scraps and the Swaps. In the forum I appreciate the Prayer and Praise so much. You have all carried me through times of turmoil and shared in my joys in the past couple of years; what a pleasure it’s been.

Thanks again for the MOM honor.

Well, I am glad that you wrote as much as you did Ann, and don't think it "long" at all!

I came onto this thread to say I so enjoyed reading more about you in the Newletter this morning.... and was delighted to find a bit more here!

Enjoy your crown and month and me too -- so happy to be a part of this kind, helpful site called ScrapGirls! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! again..

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy that you were the September MOM, Ann!! You are always so kind and nice to all here at Scrap Girls. I always enjoy being in a chat with you, or in a class. You're a true inspiration to everyone who visits. I hope that you have enjoyed a wonderful month as MOM!! Congratulations!!!!

Archived