How To Give Credit In Exif Data

when I post in the gallery, how do I get my supplies in the EXIF data rather than typing them in? How do you keep track of what you used? Is there a link somewhere that will walk me through this? A tutorial maybe? Thanks ladies!

Blessings, Amy

I'm not sure what program you are using, but here are a few threads that may be of some help to you:

How Do You Add To Exif Properties?

Credits EXIF properties

Exif Properties Link In The Gallery

Let us know if you need more help :)

Here's another one:

Exif Where do I put it in?

Great links! I learned a thing or two.

I used to copy the name of each item I used in a LO (copied from the layer name) and paste it into the file info, and I have recently started to list the product (collection, brush set, etc.) rather than the name of each item. For example, In my recent LO Bubble Beard, I put the names of the individual items in the file info (ACU_SqueakyClean_Paper_Yellow, ACU_SqueakyClean_Bubble_Cluster_Shadow, ACU_SqueakyClean_WordArt_CertClean, ACU_SqueakyClean_Bubble_White_Shadow, ACU_SqueakyClean_Bubble_Blue_Shadow, ACU_SqueakyClean_Border_Tile, ACU_SqueakyClean_Duck, ACU_SqueakyClean_Alpha) Now I'm starting to put the name of the collection instead. (Armi Custodio's Squeaky Clean Collection). I try and remember to put the product names for styles, actions, and fonts too.

I'd be interested to hear what you all think of this and if you have a preference as to how you'd like to see the info.

Thanks for providing all of those links Theresa! All of your input was helpful ladies, I appreciate it so much!

So do your layer names have the collection/filename on them as well? I usually just label them "frame" or "flower upper right" or "blue mat" or "yellow ribbon."

Here's a tip: In PSE 9 if you drag your item up from the project bin onto your document, it will automatically fill in the layer with the file name. This can also be done in PSE 7, but the item will become a smart object, so you would need to simplify the layer. I'm not sure about any other versions of PSE or any other programs. HTH :)

I'm not sure about PSE, but in PS (CS5 anyway), in the properties you can change it so it doesn't turn into a smart object when you drag and drop. I know this because it would drive me crazy when it did it, and it had to be fixed! :lol: I would most likely be lost if it didn't name the layer with what I'm dragging in.

For me, I just keep track on a piece of paper what I am using and then type it into the description of the file info. I just name the whole unit of whatever parts I used, just like you see in the newsletter of the products used for the LO.

There always seem to be many different ways to do things, and it is kind of trial and error to see what works best for you.

I use a notepad file open at the edge of my screen to record the file names of the items I use. Then I can copy - paste them into the EXIF or the caption in the gallery.

Great idea! That would take one step out of the way I have been doing it.

My only problem would be when my computer starts getting sluggish and persnickety. Me thinks I have too many fonts, brushes, etc. bogging PS down. Need to heed the advice of one of the newsletters and get a font manager. ;)

Archived