Book Recomendations

Ande43

Does anyone have some "Must Read" recommendations for the Nook?? I just bought Thunder Dog about a seeing-eye dog during 911

Would love all your ideas too.

I was looking at getting Thunder Dog to read ... is it good?? I LOVE all of Debbie Macomber books. She is so wonderful at developing her characters in all her books. I also liked her piece of non-fiction "One Simple Act" and have just bought her new one to read "God's Guest List". Also a good non-fiction is Mitch Album's "Have A Little Faith".

I've read several of the Virgin River series - they're great! Another series I like is the Daisy Dalrymple series by Carola Dunn, although they are almost historical mysteries - set between the world wars, real cozies.

Also Nora Robert's Bride Quartet and anything by Emilie Richards.

I'm just reading Thunder Dog now.

Just finished Sarah's Key...about a Jewish Family during WW2...it is very well written!!

• 1 month later...

I'm reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See right now. I really like it. If you haven't read Snowflower and the Secret Fan by the same author, I recommend it as well.

I have Shanghai Girls downloaded to my Kindle, but I haven't read it yet.

I love the Debbie Macomber Cedar Cove Series. #11 just came out and #12 is coming out later this month. I just love the way she tells stories!

Thanks to Carla's recommendation...I read the entire series!! I finished book 12 last night. That's 12 books in about 6 weeks!

Now...what to read next???

I"m glad this thread is here - I love seeing what interests others and putting them on my wishlist.

I"m reading Thunder Dog on my nook right now and it is a very good read. It is well written about a guide dog and his owner who was in the Twin Towers on 9/11.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever read The Book Thief? It's about a little German girl during World War II and is an amazing read. I highly recommend it.

I read The Book Thief and absolutely loved it! My dh read and loved it as well; and he then passed it along to friends.

Thanks, everyone, for the above recommendations. I'm going to check them out.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't gone to the theater yet to see "The Help", read the book first. I loved it. Actually, I didn't read this one. I listened to it on audio book which I highly recommend for this one! Every character in the book is read by a different voice and they are so entertaining to listen too!

Have you ever read The Book Thief? It's about a little German girl during World War II and is an amazing read. I highly recommend it.

I read The Book Thief and absolutely loved it! My dh read and loved it as well; and he then passed it along to friends.

I just read that one recently, too and LOVED it!!! Such a moving story and so uniquely told!

Love this list! I've read many of these and added a couple of yours to my must-read list. Here's a couple I'm reading/read recently: Beneath a Marble Sky, and Fall of Giants by Ken Follett.

I'll second Room and The Book Thief. I just heard about Sarah's Keys from a friend and would also highly recommend The Boy in Striped Pyjamas - it says it's a book for 8 plus years, but I'm not sure I'd have my 8 year old read it. Depends on what the child already knows about WWII.

Can't say enough good things about ROOM, by Emma Donoghue. Spell binding, thought provoking.

It took me a while to read past the first couple of pages, but a friend told me to stick with it. I'm so glad I did. I agree with everything you said.

So, it must get better then? I moved on to another book. I'll have to give it another chance.

I just read that one recently, too and LOVED it!!! Such a moving story and so uniquely told!

Finished it earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed it.

All the Agatha Christie stories are wonderful! If you've watched them on PBS, the stories may be a little different.

Have a recommendation of which to read next? I read Murder on the Orient Express because I was told that one was definitely one of the best. I know there were other recommendations, but I can't recall what they were!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say enough good things about ROOM, by Emma Donoghue. Spell binding, thought provoking.

It took me a while to read past the first couple of pages, but a friend told me to stick with it. I'm so glad I did. I agree with everything you said.

So, it must get better then? I moved on to another book. I'll have to give it another chance.

I like that book too:) i wanted to read it but i have to finish Odd Thomas first.. :blinking-in-scarf: I've heard a lot of good comments about that book, so i guess i should put it in my list..

• 6 months later...

I just finished "Presumed Guilty" by Jose Baez. It's the story of Casey Anthony's trial by her defense attorney. I was very interested in that trial and although there were books written by others, including the prosecution, I really wanted to read Jose Baez's version and I was not disappointed. Excellent book - well written! You just have to remember that you are reading his version of the facts. I was completely blown away by the behavior of the attorneys in the court room during the televised trial and his book explains that as well as facts regarding Caylee and Casey Anthony and their family which really answer a lot of questions I had.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently reading "Where We Belong" by Emily Griffin. I had a hard time getting into the book but after about 5 chapters, I was hooked! It's a wonderful story so far and I would definitely recommend it to go on other's reading lists. I'm trying to savor it and not read it so quickly as I usually do when I get into a book - I tend to just have to see what happens in the next chapter and can't put the book down until I'm finished so trying to make this one last a bit longer. :)

Archived