Pse5 In Windows 7/xp Mode?

Jennifer in NC

I apologize if this is an often asked question, but I've been off the boards for a while. We've been thinking about upgrading my laptop to Windows 7 so it can be added to our home Users Group, but I don't want to lose my PSE 5. I'm a stick in the mud, but I'm used to how it works and I don't want to change. (My cell phone is ancient, too!) I've read about running programs in XP mode if I buy the fancy-schmancy Windows 7.

Can PSE 5 run in XP mode on Windows 7? Is it a pain? Will I have to move all my styles/actions/etc... to different places?

All advice gratefully received,

Jennifer in NC. :dunno:

I have been assured that you can run PSE 5 on Windows 7, but I can't advise you on the other questions. I totally understand sticking with PSE5 - it took a major sale to get me to try PSE9, and I still go back to PSE 5 to do a few things. I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer the specifics.

I prefer my Windows 7 to XP. It's just so great. I also upgraded to PSE 9 from 7. But then I like change. You can keep both on your PC but only have one open at a time. You also have to put all your styles and actions in again. I am sure that Babara superwoman will be along shortly to help you.

I use Add-O-Matic to add styles and actions. They are a bit difficult to add with PSE. There is a free e-book available that will tell you the proper way to add things. Have you seen it in the boutique yet? Brushes are simple, you just follow the path and then drag and drop or copy paste. My Computer>Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop Elemnets 9>Presets> Brushes. Hope this helps.

Archived