Photoshop Elements 3.0, Windows Xp

ScrapGrammie

I have an old copy of PSE 3.0 and I loaded it on my computer (XP) but I am brand new to digital scrapping and can't even get started with this. I have no instructions for 3.0. Should I upgrade or can I use this version to get started and see if I like it? Would any of SG tutorials help with a version this old? If yes, which one should I start with.

Hi, and welcome to Scrap Girls! I'm not sure about the university tutorials, but here is some information from the product page for: Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version:

"Have Photoshop Elements 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0? You can use it, as well. Please see the note at the bottom of the page."

"This program works for Photoshop Elements 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 as well. The concepts taught use tools that your software includes. There are slight changes, but you will be able to do almost everything you see. It looks different because Adobe periodically updates the interface. Please contact us at hello@scrapgirls.com if you have questions. We're glad to help!)"

We are a very friendly and helpful group, so don't hesitate to ask questions! We'll be looking forward to seeing you around! :)

I guess it depends on your finances. If you can, I'd upgrade. The newest version has so many more options. You can download a 30 day trial and see what you think. Having said that, you can do a lot with PSE3, and spend that money on things to play with!

Oh yes! Yes! PSE 3 is so old and you'll be able to do so much with PSE 9. You'll be amazed at how much better it is! But they are right about PSE 10 coming out soon - at least, it should. They typically release it during the end of September and first of October.

Secrets for PSE will work for version three, if you decide to stay with it. The interface looks a little difference and there are a few things I teach that you won't be able to do because your software just won't have the functionality (added in later versions), but the majority of it is the same because the important functions stay the same in every version.

If you decide to move ahead and buy Secrets, we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the differences.

Hope that helps!

Archived