Scrap Simple Ribbons

I have recently purchased Scrap Simple ribbons and am finding them very difficult to master. I have managed to color my ribbon but am now trying to cut a small piece off so it sits under a photo frame. I have tried everything I can think of and so far, no luck.

Can anyone tell me how to cut a small piece of the ribbon off?

I don't know what program you are using, but if you are using PSE 7 or 9 you could try any of these methods:

In the layers palette, activate the ribbon layer and drag it below the frame layer.

Use the eraser tool (shortcut E) to erase the section of the ribbon that you don't want to show.

Use the marquee tool (shortcut M) to draw a box aroung the section of the ribbon that you don't want, then go to Edit>Delete and then press Ctrl+D to deselect the marching ants.

Use the lasso tool (shortcut L) to draw around the section of the ribbon that you don't want, then press delete on your keyboard, and Ctrl+D to deselect the marching ants.

Does this help? :)

Probably the easiest way is to erase (or mask if you're familiar with masking) the part you don't want to use. When I erase, I like to duplicate my layer and then turn off one and work on the other. That way I have the original if I mess up. :)

Tried the eraser and marquee and neither worked. When I tried to make a duplicate layer I got only the ribbon and the color stayed behind and changed the hue of my page. Same thing happened when I moved the ribbon below the frame. The ribbon was how I wanted it but the color was gone from the ribbon and had changed the scrappage hue. :(

YAY!!!!! I locked the color layer and the ribbon and then moved the whole thing below the frame and it worked!!!! Thanks a million for your help girls.

So glad you got it to work! ;)

I'm glad you got this figured out. I thought I'd add a tip I use which is to make a duplicate of the layer I will be erasing. Then I put one under for example the frame & the other on top & erase the top one. The bottom one stays there so I don't have to get too crazy about where I erase. If I go too far on the top ribbon, the bottom one is still there.

• 4 weeks later...

YAY!!!!! I locked the color layer and the ribbon and then moved the whole thing below the frame and it worked!!!! Thanks a million for your help girls.

took me awhile to figure that out too, with any of the scrap simple things, that I needed to link them together before moving them...glad to hear you got it figured out!

Glad you got it all figured out!

Have you seen this great video by Brandy Murry on how to color them easily?

Fabulous video on coloring. Is there somewhere on SG that we can purchase these?

Carol, they are all available on youtube on the ScrapGirls channel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok..I have a suggestion for you ladies here. I just checked oldversions.com and they have psp 9 for free. NOT a bootleg copy..and I am pretty sure it isn't a trial. If you have that ..you can take a ribbon or element and change the hue or colorize really easy. And then use eraser tool, to crop what you don't want on something and save the file as png and take it into pse and use it from there. I know it sounds like a lot of work..but sometimes it becomes easier than turning layers on and off. Also I do it in reverse for things like style I see in pscs3..and use that in psp ..anytime anyone needs help in psp I know it very very well..just wish I knew ps as well..lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived