Creating Realistic Type On "assemble Your Own" Objects

Does anyone know how to create type on objects so it looks realistic and dimensional? I am currently trying to make a pen from "Assemble Your Own" Pens, and in the sample there's a pen with type that looks like it's bending around the object. I've tried two methods so far and neither is working: 1) simplifying the type and merging it onto the pen with "control G", and 2) Playing with the curve type control in the type mode. Neither is working. Can anyone Help?

Thanks!

I would highly recommend trying a blending mode on the type layer. Try setting it to "Hard Light" and seeing if that blends the words onto the pens.

Good ideas- Pardon my ignorance, but How do I get a message to Brandy Murray, the designer?

I have both Photoshop elements 6 and 9 (I hate 9!)

In the upper right corner of this page, click on the purple bar next to your name, then click on Messenger. Then click on the button on the right that says Compose New. In the window that opens, type Brandy M in the recipient box - another box will open where you can choose Brandy M (Scrap Girls Design Team), just type your subject in the the subject box and type your message. Then go to the bottom of the box and hit Send Message HTH :)

Archived