5 replies to this topic

#1 DiannaC

DiannaC

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

I just posted a layout that I worked on this morning that is going in the engagement album that I'm making for my honey's daughter. I was so blessed to be given the chance to do the engagement photos, and as you can see by some of the pictures, we had a really fun time doing them. Anyway, this morning I started working on this layout of Mike (the soon-to-be groom). I had the inspiration last night to use these particular photos in the three piece frames that came in this month's scrap girls kit the "Memory Lane Collection."

I don't know what was different this this morning but for the first time in a long time, as I worked on the layout, I felt truly inspired, energized and excited about everything I was trying, and I realized that after just over a year of discovering this site, I have learned so much!

I watched Brandy Murray's video earlier this week and decided to play with those background blender brushes that came in this month's Scrapsimple Club. I had so much fun, especially since I have recently learned how to make a "snapshot" of a layout in the history brush panel in photoshop so that if I made any mistakes, I could just start over at the point BEFORE I started brushing or erasing on my layout.

This is the first "leaf" cluster I've made, and I was so happy to have taken Anna Mansfield's cluster class earlier this year. As I created, thoughts similar to: "Get all different kinds of textures," "I need something to put the cluster 'on'," "I need to add something vertical to direct the eye," "three's a good number," "remember change sizes and directions," and most of all: "Stick to the THEME!" when I wanted so much to put this cute little Monkey on the layout which does not go at all with birds and flowers!" The class was amazing and I so enjoyed looking through my stash, picking things to add. If it looked cute, I kept it. If it didn't I dumped it. Scrap Girls has given me the education to safely experiment on my layouts while also giving me the courage to try new things and really let my creativity soar. I am truly proud of this particular layout and the ones I have been doing lately.

Here's my layout I Hope you like it! Now, on to the next one. I have about 10-12 more to do :2468who-do-we-appreciate:
Dianna
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,467 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

So happy you had fun creating today and ditto to all you wrote so beautifully - I learn so much here! :)

gallery_19549_358_19841.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 bitzee

bitzee

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Dianna, you are off to a great start! They are a cute couple. This layout beautifully showcases the playfulness you have captured in your photo session. Your enthusiasm seems to be contagious. Thanks for sharing.

#4 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,879 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Grea layout Dianna! LYSL in the gallery. :)

#5 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

This is fantastic. Scrap Girls is the place to learn and not only about layouts but about life. Always good, friendly advice on everything. Glad you love it here.

gallery_19386_66_975.png
 BLINKIES_membmonth.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#6 Reminiscing

Reminiscing

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • 3,014 posts
  • Personal Statement:aspiring photographer and family historian

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Great news! Left you some love. :D

gallery_6765_2488_1918.png