• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diannecp

diannecp

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Personal Statement:Artist, writer, daughter, wife, aunt, child of God. I'm just a "work in progress."

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

My husband just bought me Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard. I decided to take the plunge and start learning. Does anyone have a favorite book or course you'd recommend? I tend to be a seat-of-your pants, self-taught learner but would like to get a solid grasp, especially of InDesign and Photoshop first. I'm not a huge fan of video tutorials but for something like this it's probably going to be a necessity. I'm not opposed to paying for an instructor-led course though.
Posted Image

"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott. My blog (Unfinished Work)

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi Dianne - Congratulations on your new program!
I, like you like to work along and teach myself while asking questions, trying out and researching my problems... I've become a big fan of the "Missing Manuals" books - I have the one for PE6 for Mac and it is truly a most helpful resource. I rarely "read" it, but it has proven to me very helpful when I am stuck and wanting to understand/know something.
Amazon sells them at reduced prices...

I know it's not a class, but might be a helpful "go-to" resource for you. Good luck! :)

gallery_19549_358_19841.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png     WT-Button-copy.gif

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,872 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Lucky you! Enjoy! I used Ro's tutorials.    Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Digital Scrapbooking Photoshop - Downloadable Version     More Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Digital Scrapbooking Photoshop - Download Version

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,740 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

My husband just bought me Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard. I decided to take the plunge and start learning. Does anyone have a favorite book or course you'd recommend? I tend to be a seat-of-your pants, self-taught learner but would like to get a solid grasp, especially of InDesign and Photoshop first. I'm not a huge fan of video tutorials but for something like this it's probably going to be a necessity. I'm not opposed to paying for an instructor-led course though.

Play, play, play first, Dianne! Then I like to use the "Missing Manuals" that Marilyn spoke of too - especially for Indesign, but it's so easy to learn that I think that with your experience that you will pick it right up! If I can be of any help, let me know.

For Photoshop, I would recommend Ro's video's too!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Elizabeth99

Elizabeth99

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

I also have to recommend Ro's videos. They're wonderful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users