Adobe Creative Suite

diannecp

My husband just bought me Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard. I decided to take the plunge and start learning. Does anyone have a favorite book or course you'd recommend? I tend to be a seat-of-your pants, self-taught learner but would like to get a solid grasp, especially of InDesign and Photoshop first. I'm not a huge fan of video tutorials but for something like this it's probably going to be a necessity. I'm not opposed to paying for an instructor-led course though.

Hi Dianne - Congratulations on your new program!

I, like you like to work along and teach myself while asking questions, trying out and researching my problems... I've become a big fan of the "Missing Manuals" books - I have the one for PE6 for Mac and it is truly a most helpful resource. I rarely "read" it, but it has proven to me very helpful when I am stuck and wanting to understand/know something.

Amazon sells them at reduced prices...

I know it's not a class, but might be a helpful "go-to" resource for you. Good luck! :)

My husband just bought me Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard. I decided to take the plunge and start learning. Does anyone have a favorite book or course you'd recommend? I tend to be a seat-of-your pants, self-taught learner but would like to get a solid grasp, especially of InDesign and Photoshop first. I'm not a huge fan of video tutorials but for something like this it's probably going to be a necessity. I'm not opposed to paying for an instructor-led course though.

Play, play, play first, Dianne! Then I like to use the "Missing Manuals" that Marilyn spoke of too - especially for Indesign, but it's so easy to learn that I think that with your experience that you will pick it right up! If I can be of any help, let me know.

For Photoshop, I would recommend Ro's video's too!

Archived