Missing In Pse9

(lynn)

I need help again and I know one of you will have my answer.

When making a LO, I'm trying to make my photos "floating" I go to Edit, and the bottom item should say Preferences. Preferences is not there. All of you using PSE9 , under EDIT is your last item Preferences?

How do I get it? I am using an iMac.

Thank you again for any help. I am in the full edit mode.

Lynn (mrh)

Hi Lynn-I don't know if I can help you or not but I will try. I am using PSE9 on my MacBook Pro. Under Edit in the menu bar I don't have Preferences there. If I want my photos to 'float' I use different shadow actions that I have. Maybe I am not understanding what you are asking. I have been at my computer for a couple of hours, trying to get caught up with little odds and ends and my brain is a bit fuzzy....lol. Write back again if I misunderstood. Judy

(Click on the image to see it full sized.)

The Preferences menu item is at the bottom of the Edit menu. Here's what it looks like when you pull down the Edit menu. Make sure you are in the Edit mode. If you don't see this menu under the Edit item, then perhaps, you installation of PSE has gone bad.

The ability to float the window is found under the General item (I have it highlighted at the top of the Preferences menu.

Edit>Preferences>General>Check Allow Floating Document in Full Edit Mode.

I need help again and I know one of you will have my answer.

When making a LO, I'm trying to make my photos "floating" I go to Edit, and the bottom item should say Preferences. Preferences is not there. All of you using PSE9 , under EDIT is your last item Preferences?

How do I get it? I am using an iMac.

Thank you again for any help. I am in the full edit mode.

Lynn (mrh)

Hi Lynne, on a PC, Preferences is at the bottom of the Edit list. I'm not sure about a MAC though. You could try going to Window>Images>Float All in Windows. (You must have a document opened in your workspace, or Images will be grayed out) HTH some.

(Click on the image to see it full sized.)

The Preferences menu item is at the bottom of the Edit menu. Here's what it looks like when you pull down the Edit menu. Make sure you are in the Edit mode. If you don't see this menu under the Edit item, then perhaps, you installation of PSE has gone bad.

The ability to float the window is found under the General item (I have it highlighted at the top of the Preferences menu.

Edit>Preferences>General>Check Allow Floating Document in Full Edit Mode.

Thanks to all who answered. Ro, you said there should be Preferences at bottom of Edit. It is not there and I have reinstalled the program twice, the last time with help from Adobe. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I've been at this for 2 days.

Lynn (mrh)

Did you talk to Adobe about this particular problem?

Tell you what... download this free little software called JING and then take a little movie with it and show what you are seeing. I want you to begin at the point where you start PSE, go into the Editor, and then pull down your Edit menu.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing/free/

Then send the movie file to hello@scrapgirls.com and tell Angie that the movie is for me.

I need to see what you are doing and seeing before I can give any more advice.

Thanks.

Ro, Thanks for trying to help me . I will try to follow your directions and if I can't do it, I will try calling Adobe again on Monday. I'll let everyone know what happens in case anyone else has this problem.

I appreciate your help.

Lynn (mrh)

Hi Ro,

I talked to Adobe this morning and the person helping me said Preferences was not under Edit. On my PSE9 program I have to click Photoshop Elements and it is under there. Then I was able to find the Allow Floating Documents. I wonder why it is not the same on all programs?

So if anyone else using PSE9 can't find Preferences, in the menu bar click Photoshop Elements and you will find Preferences.

Thank you for your to help.

Lynn (mrh)

Archived