Photoshop Elements 9 And Downloading Brushes

MirandaZ

Hi Everyone,

I have finally started to download the brushes; however, I am having a hard time doing so. I have tried to do the instructions from the manual but once I go into Elements I do not have the brush tool displayed on the sidebar. I do have a brush displayed at the top but I am not able to load the brush. All that is listed is Reset and Reset All Tools. That is as far as I can get. Need your help please. Thank you.

Here are some instructions from 1 SG Brushes Instructions. You should have received a copy of the instructions when you downloaded the brush set. Make sure that your PSE is not open while you are downloading the brush set.

1. Download and unzip the brush set. Copy the .abr file to your Photoshop brushes folder,

located at My Computer > C Drive > Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop (look for your

version) > Presets > Brushes.

2.In Photoshop, select the Brush tool from the toolbar and then click on the brush tool picker.

3.Click the small arrow and select Load Brush or select the set from the drop down menu.

4. Select the brush from the thumbnails. You can pick the size, opacity or numerous other

creative options.

Check out the Scrap Girls University for more tutorials on using Scrap Girls products!

Hope that helps.

Well, I got to the same place I got to last time. I got it copied into the right place but when I go into Elements there is no brush tool in the sidebar (only the smart brush tool shows up.

Here are some instructions from 1 SG Brushes Instructions. You should have received a copy of the instructions when you downloaded the brush set. Make sure that your PSE is not open while you are downloading the brush set.

1. Download and unzip the brush set. Copy the .abr file to your Photoshop brushes folder,

located at My Computer > C Drive > Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop (look for your

version) > Presets > Brushes.

2.In Photoshop, select the Brush tool from the toolbar and then click on the brush tool picker.

3.Click the small arrow and select Load Brush or select the set from the drop down menu.

4. Select the brush from the thumbnails. You can pick the size, opacity or numerous other

creative options.

Check out the Scrap Girls University for more tutorials on using Scrap Girls products!

Hope that helps.

I've followed the same instructions lorac gave you and never had trouble. Your brush tool should be located just above the smart brush tool. There are other tool options in the same location: "Impressionist Brush" "Color Replacement Brush" and "Pencil Tool". If you see any of them, just right-click on it and it will bring up the short-cut menu showing you the different brush options. Plain ol' "Brush Tool" should be there. I hope this helps! Let me know.

I actually do not have the tools listed on the sidebar at all. I only have the Smartbrush Tool, Pencil, Paint Bucket, Gradient, Custom Shape Tool, and Blur Tool listed in that part of the side bar. Do I need to change something on my settings to have the others listed?

I've followed the same instructions lorac gave you and never had trouble. Your brush tool should be located just above the smart brush tool. There are other tool options in the same location: "Impressionist Brush" "Color Replacement Brush" and "Pencil Tool". If you see any of them, just right-click on it and it will bring up the short-cut menu showing you the different brush options. Plain ol' "Brush Tool" should be there. I hope this helps! Let me know.

Thank you sooo much! I kinda feel a little stupid because it was so simple. I am so new to this; I guess I have ALOT to learn.

Right click on the Pencil icon and it should show you the Brush tool. I'll have to look up your question about other tools.

Never feel silly or stupid when asking a question. We have all been there at one time or another and some of us 'vets' with scrapping still ask questions. And by you asking questions, others will learn from the answers.

So glad that everything worked out for you. Like Pat says, PSE is really tricky in that so many of the tools have others hidden within them.

Archived