Border Around Text

BethLang

A stroke would probably work well for this. Start by selecting your first letter, the click on Edit, then Stroke and a box will pop up. Choose the colour that you want for the border with your colour picker and a size. For a letter, it would likely be around 5 or 10, depending on how wide you want it. I think I would go with centre, but you can try the other two positions and see which you like best. Most times, there's some trial and error using the stroke, as there is with so many other things. Have fun with it! I HTHs! :-)

If you want to have each letter with it's own border, then yes, they each have to be on their own layer. If you want the word bordered, then you can combine the layers to make the word, then stroke and your outline will be a little different. A complete word with a stroke outline looks sort of cool - like a punchout word from a sticker book. This technique is fun to play with. Different effects are achieved by the size and colour of the stroke with single letters, words or embellishments. Also where the stroke is placed (inside - outside - centre), makes a difference to the outcome, especially with a full word. HTHs

By the way Beth, if you only want the stroke on the outside of the letter and not filling the holes of the Bs, Os, etc., after you have the letter selected, use you magic wand, while holding down the shift key, to select the inside area of the letter. That way when you make your stroke, it will only appear on the outside of your letter. You can also put a thin stroke around the ouside of the first stroke, for a little change up. Have fun with it! :-)

Oops, I forgot to mention that, but if you try to edit a letter that hasn't been rasterized, the software will tell you that it needs done. Oh, how I love it when a program tells you how to do things. :-)

Archived