Congratulations Marilyn (Marij)!

CRS

Congratulations Marilyn (MariJ)! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Marilyn as the Member of the Month for October!

Marilyn joined Scrap Girls in April 2010. She has made a big impact in the past year! Marilyn always sends birthday wishes to our members, replies to status updates and is a very supportive, friendly member! She is a blast to have in the chat room and creates beautiful layouts for challenges and crops. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

Marilyn will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

When you have a few minutes Marilyn, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

Woo-Hoo!

Congratulations, Marilyn, my friend! You are such a sweet and friendly Scrap Girl and I am so glad you are our October MOM! I'm so excited for you!

Can't wait to read more about you when you write your little bio!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Marilyn!

Thank you all from the bottom of my (very fast beating) heart!

To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement..... To say I am honored.... Well, words are inadequate to express how much this lovely, kind and helpful purple place has touched me in the time I've been a member.

I was alerted to this before 8am and three hours later my breathing still hasn't returned to normal! I am aware that there are many, MANY ScrapGirls just as deserving as me, so to be noted here is truly special and I'm happy to be representing us all.

Whew.. I still can't believe this is true. Thank you so very, very much.

Once again I'd like to say a huge, "THANK YOU" for this honor and for all the nice comments here. I was so overwhelmed when I read the Newsletter yesterday that it's taken me a while to catch my breath and even believe this is true! As I'm not comfortable in the spotlight it's hard for me to talk about myself, but since I was asked to --- here goes and I hope it's not too much. :)

I've always been interested in crafts and creating (thanks, Mom!). I've dabbled in sewing, quilting, photography, videography, ceramics, crochet, christmas ornaments, beading, jewelry and most recently watercolor painting classes, to name a few! Nine years ago my 9-year-old niece introduced me to paper scrapping when she took a mini-class at school. I subsequently made a Scrapbook for my new baby Goddaughter and then her brother and sister. It was fun, but very time consuming as I tend to work messy -- needing ALL my supplies out where I can see the possibilities…

Two years ago, my Aunt (who happens to be Florida Granny!) told me about something new - digital scrapping! I didn't quite get it, but she showed me what she'd done, explained some basic essentials and said there were various online sites, but "ScrapGIrls" was her favorite. One "search" later I could see why and bought my first collection - "Naturescape", which is still my favorite. I began by making layouts from saved vacation photo-emails and read the newsletter, pored over layouts and explored the Boutique. When I saw a ScrapGirls' class called, "Who I Am, Right Now?" it sounded intriguing so I took a big leap and signed up! Anna and the rest of the class were so kind, encouraging and helpful. I'd never posted or been on the MB, so learned how, but still didn't participate or understand it much…. Until one year ago I saw a thread for an ATC chat. I asked a question, Lei kindly answered, encouraged me to attend and the rest is history! :) Everyone was eager to help and that October/Fall ATC was my first official posting. I've taken many classes since, but ATC's remain my favorite monthly chat and layout to create.

About me - I like to read, travel and love photography. I'm most happy being outdoors, so many of my layouts are of nature. My favorite place is in front of water - preferably at the NJ shore where I spent summers as a child. I was a Pre-K/K teacher and loved it until illness made it difficult, but have kept learning and teaching through interactions with the many children whose lives I have been a wonderful part of.

Trying to write this piece, I realize it's truly all about connection. Connection with family, friends, colleagues, people I meet daily and yes, even online connections! I never thought it possible, but throughout the time I've been a part of ScrapGirls I've been so very touched by not only the beautiful artwork created, but the connections and friendships that are such a huge part of this kind, purple place. And, as I create layouts, I enjoy the connections digital scrapping makes within myself and am reminded what is important to me. In fact, my pages feel a part of me and when asked my favorite find myself saying, "This one!"… No, maybe THIS one?"… "Oh, but I really love this one!". They all are a wonderful way of expressing and sharing me…

Again, thank you for this honor. I truly am in awe of it all and appreciate it very much!

Marilyn

I just loved reading all about you, Marilyn! I'm so happy you're a friend and such a big part of Scrap Girls!

You are always so kind and caring and so generous with your love in the Gallery. And the MOM crown looks lovely on you!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Marilyn!

Well... I KNOW you are a terrific and wonderful person, but I enjoyed reading about you, too. :D Congratulations once again!

Awww.. Thanks Diane! I give you all the credit for getting me into this wonderful place and hobby! (At other times we've referred to it as you "created the monster"! heehee...)

Well... I KNOW you are a terrific and wonderful person, but I enjoyed reading about you, too. :D Congratulations once again!

Awww.. Thanks Diane! I give you all the credit for getting me into this wonderful place and hobby! (At other times we've referred to it as you "created the monster"! heehee...)

:):):):) Yall make me smile!

I truly enjoyed your bio, Marilyn. You are right about connections--those threads that weave our lives, our hearts, our worlds together. We are all connected, and you are truly wise to recognize that. I think that is why I was just so positively gleeful to see your name announced as MOM--you have a truly special way of connecting, and I know I speak for many when I say you are one AWESOME Scrapgirlfriend!!

I just realized I haven't stopped by this thread to say Congratulations yet! You truly are a valued member here at Scrap Girls, and this honor is well deserved. I love having you attend chats that I host. You wrote a wonderful bio about yourself. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Enjoy your month!

Archived