October 2011 Forum Game - Product Picks

tiza126

Join us for a new game in October, where we encourage you to stroll through the aisles of the boutique and do a little window shopping! We're all good at that, right??? :)

Each Monday through Saturday in October, a member of the Welcoming Committee will post the name of one or two product designers in this Product Picks game thread. You will then head to the Scrap Girls Boutique and navigate to that particular designer's product pages. Choose any of their products (your favorite product, one you like, or one you wish you owned), then head over to the Product Picks game thread and share the product name, boutique link, and a brief explanation of why you chose that product - such as color palette, versatility of the product, fills a special "niche", was a product you requested, etc.

Note: To locate a specific designer in the boutique - On the left-hand side of any boutique page, you will find a header called "Designers." Click on the drop-down box, and scroll through until you find the designer you are looking for.

For example, if the designer of the day was Angie Briggs, my post might look something like this:

My favorite Angie product is the CatNip Collection Mini - http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/20609/CatNip-Collection-Mini. I like it because she designed the product around my cat, Noelle (featured in the product sample layout!)

Some rules:

Members are allowed to post ONE product PER designer. There are 42 designers listed in the boutique, so at the end of the month, you will have a maximum of 42 product posts.

Product pick posts must be made on the same day they are announced in the thread. Once the next days' designer(s) have been posted, please do not go back to previous designers.

At the end of the month, members who haves posted links to 42 products (one for each designer) will be entered in a drawing for one of three $10 GCs. Members who have posted links to 16-41 products will be entered in a drawing for one of two $5 GCs. And members who have posted links to 10-15 products will be entered in a drawing for one of two $3 GCs. (Those who qualify for the higher counts will also be entered into the drawings for the lower counts.)

Simple as that! Spend a little time in the boutique, and share with us what you like about each designers' products!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Time to do some window shopping!!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ELISHA BARNETT

My favorte is her Coffee House Collection.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/23006/Coffee-House-Collection-Biggie

It is my favorite because I am a coffee addict and have used the collection several times already.

SARAH BATDORF

My absolute favorite is her SS Tools Basic Shadows

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/13222/ScrapSimple-Tools---Styles%3A-Basic-Shadows-6501

It is my favorite because I use it in every single layout I create. I don't think I could scrap without it.

Window shopping? Sounds like a game that's right up my alley! I agree with Sara that the hard part will be picking just ONE product. But here goes:

Elisha Barnett ATC templates because they make designing monthly ATC cards a snap.

Sarah Batdorf Glitter Styles Biggie because everything looks better with a touch of glitter! I use it as much as possible.

Elisha Barnett

Bookshelf Collection Biggie

I've always been an avid reader, and I just love this collection! I love that it highlights so many different ways that we can now enjoy good books.

Sarah Batdorf

Pink Ribbon Collection Mini

This collection touches my heart, as I lost my older sister to breast cancer some years ago.

Tough choices!

Elisha Barnett

I would have to go with the Homebody Collection Biggie because I am such a homebody myself and find this collection relaxing.

Sarah Batdorf

I am going with the Summer Splash Collection Mini which I have already purchased. It is perfect for scrapping those days spent at the pool.

Elisha Barnett

Homebody Collection

Sarah Batdorf

Summer Splash Collection Mini

Elisha Barnett

I would have to go with the Homebody Collection Biggie because I am such a homebody myself and find this collection relaxing.

Sarah Batdorf

I am going with the Summer Splash Collection Mini which I have already purchased. It is perfect for scrapping those days spent at the pool.

I copied and pasted the link to the products but they are not underlined (so others can just click on them and take a look) like everyone elses. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/22629/Homebody-Collection-Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/16148/Summer-Splash-Collection-Mini

Elisha Barnett

Sarah Batdorf

I copied and pasted the link to the products but they are not underlined (so others can just click on them and take a look) like everyone elses. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hi Patty, you might want to try this:

To link products from the Boutique to your post do this:

1. On the product page in the Boutique, go to the address bar at the very top of the page, and click on it. Then press Ctrl+C (copy)

2. Go to your post and type the name of the product and highlight it

3. At the top of the post window, click on the little box that looks like a little piece of chain (it’s to the right of the smiley face)

4. Press Ctrl+V (paste)

5. Click on the Insert Link button. You will see what looks like a lot of gibberish is your post, but when you hit the Post button, the post should have the link (just the name of the item with the line underneath)

Let us know if you need more help. :)

This is harder than it sounded lol!

Elisha Barnett

Homebody Collection http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/22629/Homebody-Collection-Biggie

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it. The colors are so beautiful!

Sarah Batdorf

Xcelsis Deo http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21236/Xcelsis-Deo-Collection-Mini

This is a lovely kit, but the reason I love this has to do with an MB game. We were trying to go through the alphabet using product names. Sarah named this one so we could cover the letter X! Love that.

I think I'm gonna like this game of shopping. It will make me learn what's in the Boutique. However, I think it will also make my Wish List get longer and longer. :rolleyes:

Elisha Barnett: Homebody Collection Biggie

I really like the blue and green colors. I also like all the embellishments and the word art that comes with it.

Sarah Batdorf: ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Film Negatives

This is what I chose for my prize at the Fun House Mirror Chat during the recent Carnival.

Ooooh, a shopping game. That's my kind of game! :)

Elisha Barnett:

BookShelf Collection Biggie

I'm a book fanatic, as evidenced by my library, which has over 3000 books in it! So when I saw this collection, I just had to have it. Beautiful embellishments and great papers, too!

Sarah Batdorf:

Canada Day Collection Mini

Being Canadian myself, this one's right up my alley! I love having a beautiful collection to use when showing off our Canada Day celebrations.

Theresa: Thanks for posting instructions on how to link to your post. I couldn't figure it out either.

You're very welcome Deb!

Whenever you can't figure something out, please don't hesitate to post a question. There's usually always someone around very able and willing to help. ;)

I'll try this. I'm in the boutique a lot!!

Elisha Barnett

I like her Artist trading card templates because I tried them for the first time this past month and they were a great guide for a newbie.

Sarah Batdorf:

my favorite product would have to be her Scrap Simple tools Basic shadows 6501. I use these on practically every layout I do. They are so simple and easy.

oooh, this is FUN!

Elisha Barnett ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Coffee House

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/23065/ScrapSimple-Alpha-Templates%3A-Coffee-House

I love the look of these alphas, and since they’re scrap simple, they’re so versatile!

Sarah Batdorf ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Building Bricks 6501 Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/23140/ScrapSimple-Tools---Styles%3A-Building-Bricks-6501-Biggie

I have two sons who love love LOVE LEGOS, so this addition to my inventory would be a must have! I’ve never owned a ScrapGirls Styles, so this would be a great first one!

Wow!

I have at least 2 weeks before I can get clubs and spend a little cash. This board is a great idea. Makes me want to get my wish list started.

Thanks for this board.

Elisha Barnett

Sarah Batdorf

Hi Patty, you might want to try this:

To link products from the Boutique to your post do this:

1. On the product page in the Boutique, go to the address bar at the very top of the page, and click on it. Then press Ctrl+C (copy)

2. Go to your post and type the name of the product and highlight it

3. At the top of the post window, click on the little box that looks like a little piece of chain (it’s to the right of the smiley face)

4. Press Ctrl+V (paste)

5. Click on the Insert Link button. You will see what looks like a lot of gibberish is your post, but when you hit the Post button, the post should have the link (just the name of the item with the line underneath)

Let us know if you need more help. :)

Thanks for the instructions Theresa, I will give it a try :)

ANGELA BLANCHARD

I picked her Spice Road Collection Biggie

I love this exotic collection, and the wonderful colors she used.

ANGIE BRIGGS

I picked Angie's Exhale Collection Mini

I love the serenity of this collection, and again, the colors.

Angela Blanchard

Farmstead Collection

I have this on my wish list! I need to scrap photos from a state fair when my oldest was just about 6 or 7. Perfect for this!

Angie Briggs

Scenic Route Collection Biggie

This collection is my go-to stash. :) I just love the papers and the colors used! I've used it for scenic photos, for my dog, for the men in my life ... it's wonderful!

Angela Blanchards Farmer's Bounty Collection is beautiful, and perfect for this time of year. I have some peach canning pictures that this collection will be perfect for.

I really love the 12x12 album templates that Angie Briggs creates. I own this one ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Album Series 10 , and have many more on my wish list.

ANGIE BRIGGS

I own this collection of Angie's and I love, love, love it! I have lots of pics in mind for it.

Scenic Route Collection Biggie

and.............

ANGELA BLANCHARD'S

Computer Tech Collection Mini

is a collection I could not resist to make birthday cards for my son-in-law.

For Angela Blanchard: Digital Stickers Flutterbys because they are so versatile. They to go with almost any layout.

For Angie Briggs: This was a tough one. I use a couple of her collections over and over, but I'm going with Autumn Treasures - Mini. I especially like the way the embellishments look on different layouts, even when I use other papers. I also like how the papers look combined with papers from some other collections I use a lot.

I've really enjoyed Angela Blanchard's Cowboy Up collection biggie. With a son studying animal & equine science at CSU, I have lots of photos for which it's perfect in color and design. Looking forward to adding Western Rodeo, also.

I love Angie Briggs' Scenic Route Scrap Pack Biggie. The rough colors and textures work well with older photos, and it harmonizes nicely with a number of her other collections that I have, such as Old Friends.

Merry Little Collection Mini Spice Road Collection Biggie

Angela Blanchard

It was hard to choose just one but the vibrant colors of her Spice Road Collection Biggie just won me over and made me want to take a vacation.

Angie Briggs

I love so much of what Angie has designed and I own a few of her products already. As I looked at her collections I decided to choose one I don't already have. I love her Merry Little Collection Mini. It's that time of year when I start thinking about the holidays and this collection will be a great start for my Christmas pages! I love the gifts and the ribbons of lights.

Also I am disappointed that I missed Saturday's designers :( But hopefully will be able to remember everyday from now on. And last, this is my first time posting links so not sure if it will work correctly but i did try to follow the directions that were posted above.

Archived