How To Put Text Around A Circle?

bjc

I THINK I ONCE POSTED THIS QUESTION BEFORE...( OF COURSE ANOTHER QUESTION IS HOW DO I FIND OLD POSTS I HAVE STARTED...I SEE MY POSTS BUT ONLY THE LAST FEW)

I WANT TO PUT A TITLE AROUND A CIRCLE JOURNAL PAPER I HAVE... SO HOW DO I USE TEXT IN A SEMI CIRCLE?

THANKS

Which software are you using?

Personally, I don't know how to make type paths on my own (we can't make them in PSE), so I just use one of the many available in the boutique:

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Shape Up

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Around the Page

You can do a search on the forum for "Text Path" (with quotations) and find several pages of threads. I only went through a few of them to look for instructions, but maybe this one will help:

Making Curved Text In Photoshop Cs3

Hi -

In PE I can type a word or sentence and then right across the top of my workspace, where all the specifics for text are (like font, size, color, etc) is a "T" with a curved arrow underneath it. (In mine it's next to the "T" for horizontal/vertical text changes.)

If you click on that "T" with your text layer active it will bring up the "warp text" dialog box. I usually change "none" to "Arc" (or one of the other choices) and it will give your sentence a bend.

Playing with the sliders will change the bend or the severity of the bend.

Hope that helps a bit!

I would make the shape you want your text to go around. CNTRL+click the shape, then go to paths and select the 4th icon from the left along the bottom of the palette. (It's the dotted circle with the two little lines diagonal on it). Then select your type tool, go to the shape and wait until you get an I-bar then click and start typing. You can adjust the spacing in your character palette by changing text size and kerning. You can also move the type away from the shape by making sure your work path is selected and then go to Select>Modify>Expand and increasing the pixels there.

HTH!

I would make the shape you want your text to go around. CNTRL+click the shape, then go to paths and select the 4th icon from the left along the bottom of the palette. (It's the dotted circle with the two little lines diagonal on it). Then select your type tool, go to the shape and wait until you get an I-bar then click and start typing. You can adjust the spacing in your character palette by changing text size and kerning. You can also move the type away from the shape by making sure your work path is selected and then go to Select>Modify>Expand and increasing the pixels there.

HTH!

Wow, that is so cool - I'm hoping it can be done in PE and I'm going to try it out!

HTH!

thanks jennifer..just got back from a walk now and will give it a try... i think you told me how to do this once before...but i forgot..thanks for the lesson ( again!)

ok so i am trying it but cant get the type right... i want it to say nathan and his just those three words and go around a round journal paper i have.... i got the path but between the word nathan and the word and is a big big gap of space and then between and and his a bigg empty space... i guess it is trying to spread the words out to fill the whole circle path...how do i make the words fit correctly spaced and then have nothing else on the path..hope this makes sense and someone can help..thanks

“Nathan and his” is not many words, so it probably won’t look quite right trying to make a circle out of just those words. You can try it by increasing the size of your type.

My suggestion would be to type the phrase many times with some space between them until it completes the circle. You could put an asterisk in the center of the space between phrases or place some kind of embellishment between them.

HTH

Archived