Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds fun Pat! Just got off the phone with Tiza ... she talked me into the early bird registration soooooooooo ... I'm ready to fly!!

Is this where they actually charge you $10 to check in early? Usually I check in early and print boarding passes at home. Are they really charging for that now? Really??????????

I am pretty well packed! Just last minute stuff now into the suitcase. I had a dream the night before last that forgot my laptop!!! :rofl:

And I hope Sandi and Cheri bring their meet up clothes!

I have my meetup shirt hanging separate so I won't forget it, lol:)

Your dream sounds a lot more like a nightmare! Yikes!

See you all Friday!!! Woohoo!

Sounds fun Pat! Just got off the phone with Tiza ... she talked me into the early bird registration soooooooooo ... I'm ready to fly!!

Is this where they actually charge you $10 to check in early? Usually I check in early and print boarding passes at home. Are they really charging for that now? Really??????????

I am pretty well packed! Just last minute stuff now into the suitcase. I had a dream the night before last that forgot my laptop!!! :rofl:

And I hope Sandi and Cheri bring their meet up clothes!

I have my meetup shirt hanging separate so I won't forget it, lol:)

Your dream sounds a lot more like a nightmare! Yikes!

See you all Friday!!! Woohoo!

Yay! I'll have my camera ready! One of these days, we need to scrap your meetup shirt! Maybe I'll use that as the inspiration for my Saturday color challenge!

tiz ... when do I get my group boarding #? When I print my boarding pass? It didn't come with the eb registration ...

tiz ... when do I get my group boarding #? When I print my boarding pass? It didn't come with the eb registration ...

your boarding group and # will be on the boarding pass when you print it.

Ok ... I was stressing when I heard Amy had her group #!

your boarding group and # will be on the boarding pass when you print it.

Ok ... I was stressing when I heard Amy had her group #!

That's because she's flying to Omaha tomorrow, while the rest of us are flying on Thursday!

Gayle and I made it to Denver and will be in Omaha tomorrow night. Gorgeous drive today!!!!! Barbara is going to meet us soon, but HAD to stop and buy shoes. Can't wait to meet her and see all of you Thursday/Friday.

Gayle and I made it to Denver and will be in Omaha tomorrow night. Gorgeous drive today!!!!! Barbara is going to meet us soon, but HAD to stop and buy shoes. Can't wait to meet her and see all of you Thursday/Friday.

Tell Barbara I said hello!!

I haven't even thought about packing yet! So much to do here yet. I have it in the back of my head what I want to pack, so it shouldn't be bad. I'll be checking in a bag, too. I didn't last time and it was a pain.

I hope no one gives anyone circling the airport any grief this time!

Laura, I'll PM you my cell phone number. You're welcome to call or text me when you get in but I'm sure we'll be watching the flight times and will make it to the airport in a timely manner. The hotel is just minutes away.

I've got a power strip and extension cord I'll bring too. As I remember, they have a lot of outlets in the floor so it should make it easy for us to get hooked up.

I've got a to-do list for tomorrow that starts with a dental appointment - yuck - and picking up Amy in the afternoon - YAY!!

Conda, it depends on how you handle the cold. I'll be wearing jeans - but then I don't own any capri's LOL.

The weather forecast as of right now:

Thursday - high 72, cloudy, low 50

Friday - high 50, chance of rain, low 43

Saturday - high 51, chance of rain, low 38

Sunday - high 59, partly cloudy

If we are outside, I will want jeans for sure. Indoors, capris will probably be comfortable. It just depends on the meeting room and how easy it is to control the temperature settings.

Yay! I'll have my camera ready! One of these days, we need to scrap your meetup shirt! Maybe I'll use that as the inspiration for my Saturday color challenge!

LOL - maybe we should take a really good closeup and entice a designer to make a collection? ;)

My thought was the Welcome Wagon would circle, and I'd wait in the baggage claim area with my "Scrap Girls" sign. Sandi sent our cell numbers around. If you don't see me right away, you can call. If I can figure out your baggage carosel, I'll head your way to help with luggage.

Sandi and I hope to get a chance to at least talk to Pat tomorrow evening to work out the last minute details.

Barbara is a dear - she sends her love.

My thought was the Welcome Wagon would circle, and I'd wait in the baggage claim area with my "Scrap Girls" sign. Sandi sent our cell numbers around. If you don't see me right away, you can call. If I can figure out your baggage carosel, I'll head your way to help with luggage.

Sandi and I hope to get a chance to at least talk to Pat tomorrow evening to work out the last minute details.

Barbara is a dear - she sends her love.

A lot of airports now have "cell phone lots" a temp place to park until your party calls you from the gate or baggage claim area. Its going to be soooooo nice to see everyone. Soon, very, very soon.

Hi--I'll be there in spirit! I got to meet Huckleberry, along with Sandy and Gayle this afternoon. We gabbed for hours, and had dinner. So much fun; you'd think we'd met IRL before!

They're probably already sound asleep and dreaming of Omaha; I just got home after the drive from Denver to Colorado Springs.

Gayler and I will soon be leaving Denver. Next stop....Omaha. one little glitch. The hotel was full so we're staying at another hotel tonight. Not sure if we'll have a place to stash our car full of gear until check in time. Gear will have to be stashed to make room for scrapgirls. Pat, do you have room to stash until) we can check in?

Gayler and I will soon be leaving Denver. Next stop....Omaha. one little glitch. The hotel was full so we're staying at another hotel tonight. Not sure if we'll have a place to stash our car full of gear until check in time. Gear will have to be stashed to make room for scrapgirls. Pat, do you have room to stash until) we can check in?

Sandi, most hotels have a locked room they will hold your bags for you if you're room isn't ready. Stop at the front desk to let them know you're there and will be checking in and that you have bags you want them to hold. When I was 'living' in a hotel the first half of 2010, I would do laundry, pack it up and check it with the hotel for the weekends I went home - then all I had was my PC bag to take back & forth :)

Archived