Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

Gayler and I will soon be leaving Denver. Next stop....Omaha. one little glitch. The hotel was full so we're staying at another hotel tonight. Not sure if we'll have a place to stash our car full of gear until check in time. Gear will have to be stashed to make room for scrapgirls. Pat, do you have room to stash until) we can check in?

Sandi, most hotels have a locked room they will hold your bags for you if you're room isn't ready. Stop at the front desk to let them know you're there and will be checking in and that you have bags you want them to hold. When I was 'living' in a hotel the first half of 2010, I would do laundry, pack it up and check it with the hotel for the weekends I went home - then all I had was my PC bag to take back & forth :)

Great idea Michelle!!

1 sleep for me!! (and A LOT of work to do!!)

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad Sandi, Gayle and Barbara had a great meetup! I wish Barbara had stowed away in their car!!

After some unwanted excitement this morning, I'm back on track getting things ready. Our dog decided to go sightseeing on his own this morning. He's never done that before and it took me an hour to realize he was gone. I found him in the park behind our house. Glad he's safe, but mad as you know what!!!!

Getting my work done around the house so I can do some baking for the trip! I have a recipe to try out on you all!

I'm so glad Sandi, Gayle and Barbara had a great meetup! I wish Barbara had stowed away in their car!!

After some unwanted excitement this morning, I'm back on track getting things ready. Our dog decided to go sightseeing on his own this morning. He's never done that before and it took me an hour to realize he was gone. I found him in the park behind our house. Glad he's safe, but mad as you know what!!!!

Getting my work done around the house so I can do some baking for the trip! I have a recipe to try out on you all!

Glad you found the dog!

I'm always willing to taste-test new baking recipes :)

Ha! Tiza … I was just coming to say I printed my boardingpass too! I am A-43 on the first leg and B-5 on the second leg … now don’t jumpup and yell BINGO! LOL

Whew...the list keeps growing!! I'm in the office to get some urgent things done. I hope to be out of here in an hour or two so I can get some errands done. Then back home to pack! :)

Tomorrow Angie and I are planning a 10:ish departure. I will leave my place at 9:ish and then head to her place. After the boutique is in order, we will head out. That should put us in there between 1 and 2...

TOMORROW TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!!

Sandi, I have plenty of room to stash stuff if necessary. I'm sorry that the hotel is full for tonight.

Good news on the weather front. It sounds like the rain is moving in Thursday night, rain on Friday, but clearing on Saturday.

I am not aware of a cell phone lot, but that is a really good idea. I think there is some parking along Carter Lake which is just across from the airport. I'll check that out this afternoon when I pick up Amy.

I have to print my boarding pass, too! I got a lot more done than I had planned, so I feel good about leaving things in dh's hands! I'm just about done packing and the cookies turned out pretty good!

Safe travels tomorrow (and today) everyone!

I've already changed my mind about all the clothes I packed last night. I'm the kind of person who can't figure out what to wear to work until 10 minutes before I'm supposed to walk out the door...so planning for a whole weekend is really difficult :hit-head-with-hammer:

All packed ... things layed out for the morning ... an early morning ... leaving the house @ 5 am so Tom will only be one hour late for work but it will be a long day for me as my plane doesn't leave until 8:10. Got a couple of good books to read and of course, people watch!! See you tomorrow peeps!!

Anyone bringing wine? I don't drink, but by then I may have to start, lol!!

I'm sure that can be arranged!!

:partytime2:

I'm with you Carla!

I do believe this has been taken care of.

4:30 am ... dogs are fed and all their duties attended to ... last minute throwing in stuff to suitcase and heading out to airport ... is it too early for wine?? :D See you in a few, dear ones!!

Anyone bringing wine? I don't drink, but by then I may have to start, lol!!

I'm sure that can be arranged!!

:partytime2:

I'm with you Carla!

I do believe this has been taken care of.

4:30 am ... dogs are fed and all their duties attended to ... last minute throwing in stuff to suitcase and heading out to airport ... is it too early for wine?? :D See you in a few, dear ones!!

I hear some Starbucks are going to start serving adult coffee beverages...maybe you can catch one at the airport.... ;)

upload done....check

odd and end I would normally do on the weekend done....check

walk (shorter than normal) done....check

shower...check

almost time to hit the road...check

Check, check, check. So get Conda on the road already! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!

I've already changed my mind about all the clothes I packed last night. I'm the kind of person who can't figure out what to wear to work until 10 minutes before I'm supposed to walk out the door...so planning for a whole weekend is really difficult :hit-head-with-hammer:

You need a standard meetup shirt like me;)

Archived