Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it several times over the weekend but I can hardly find adequate words to say what a wonderful, wonderful experience it has been for me to host this time. Thank you all for coming! I'm glad I'm a Scrap Girl.

I'm home!! Aussie girls dancing their greeting the moment I walked in the door! Was a fun meet up ... thanks to all you special ladies!!

I'm home too!! I heard Noelle's meowing before I even made it up to my apartment door. We had a nice cuddle session, and now she's sitting on my lap as I post this.

Flight was smooth & uneventful, until we descended into St. Louis. After we started final descent, and I could see the runways, they asked if any medical personnel were aboard. They went to attend to someone in the back of the plane as we landed. Everyone had to stay seated on the plane until an ambulance met us at the gate and they helped the family off. It was a young couple and a little girl. Not sure which of them had the emergency....they all walked out of the plane just fine. It was only about a 5 minute delay for the rest of us. Gave our bags time to make it to baggage claim before we did.

Thanks again, Pat, for organizing everything. Thanks to the airport shuttle ladies for getting everyone to & from the hotel. So glad everyone could make it!

Amy and Gayle and I went to Cascio's for a great steak dinner. Miss all of you already. Conversation reprising all the fun we had this weekend. Packing and cleaning cameras and computers. And no late night tonight.

I've said it several times over the weekend but I can hardly find adequate words to say what a wonderful, wonderful experience it has been for me to host this time. Thank you all for coming! I'm glad I'm a Scrap Girl.

Thank you for being such a great host, Pat! I, too am glad you're a ScrapGirl!

Thank you for being such a great host, Pat! I, too am glad you're a ScrapGirl!

Agreed!!

We had a great trip home other than a slight "toe incident" in which I got my toe (foot) caught UNDER a door...I couldn't slip it out of my shoe, or move the door!! Finally with someone's help I lifted the door enough to get my foot out!! SO thankful I had on shoes and not flip flops...it would have been so much worse!!! It isn't black and blue today like I expected either! :)

Well, I came home to one slight problem....ink on dd's white carpet. Still trying to get it out. Dh had almost everything else done. We met with the realtor this morning and set the listing date for May 9th, the day after the fireplace is replaced. Thank you all for listening to me stress and complain all weekend!

Agreed!!

We had a great trip home other than a slight "toe incident" in which I got my toe (foot) caught UNDER a door...I couldn't slip it out of my shoe, or move the door!! Finally with someone's help I lifted the door enough to get my foot out!! SO thankful I had on shoes and not flip flops...it would have been so much worse!!! It isn't black and blue today like I expected either! :)

I'm so glad it wasn't worse! Good thing you had shoes on, not sandals!

I made it home too but didn't get a chance to post. Pat, thanks for being such a wonderful hostess. It was a great weekend. I think arriving on Thursday made all the difference!

Oh dear, Conda. I hope it doesn't hurt to much. Take care.

Well, I came home to one slight problem....ink on dd's white carpet. Still trying to get it out. Dh had almost everything else done. We met with the realtor this morning and set the listing date for May 9th, the day after the fireplace is replaced. Thank you all for listening to me stress and complain all weekend!

Oh no, Carla. I'm so sorry to hear about the ink. I didn't mind hearing about you moving hassles at all. I'm glad we could be a sounding board for you.

Laura, I'm glad you are home safely too.

I hope you guys get to see at least a few of the cool photos that Sandi and Amy took out behind the hotel this morning. Very creative!

My misplaced power strip is safely in my hands again. :)

Gayle and Amy were delivered to the airport safely and should be on their way. Pat took Amy around sightseeing in Omaha this afternoon and got some more great pictures. I should be able to scrap travel pics for the next 157 days until we meet in St. Louis again. Will try to get some of this mornings pics scrapped in the next few days.

I"m home safe and sound also. However, my bag is taking a circuitous route through Spokane Washington! LOL! It should arrive today around 11:30 am, and then at some later point they will deliver it to the house. They asked for some identifying items in the bag. I told them a home made felt hat, 2 power strips, a set of DVD's on the Canon 7D, a card reader, and a lap top fan, a coffee cup, and the gal said, OK, that should be enough! :) How many people travel with power strips.

Sandi, Pat and I had a wonderful afternoon seeing even more of Omaha, and Sandi and I had an artsy photo shoot with my flowers from Mr. Amy against all the old brick and urban setting behind the hotel. We had a wonderful time.

157 days is a little too soon for my next meet up, but I will see you all in 2013 one way or another!

Thank you Pat for organizing everything! It was truly wonderful. I am so happy to have been able to see you all.

Love you all!

I made it to KC safe and sound, have had a wonderful lunch with DS (Jer). He's going to travel back with me to Tacoma, then fly home from SeaTac. He's ok with frequent stops for photo ops and is looking forward to the sights I had on the plan. And, he'll be a big help driving across eastern (boring) WA. LOL. He has on old HS buddy of his in Tacoma he's excited to see.

I can't thank Pat enough for putting together this fantastic trip. The hotel was very nice and the staff wonderful, right up to the time I checked out this morning. And the sightseeing tour was perfect! Can't wait to see you all in October!

I made it to KC safe and sound, have had a wonderful lunch with DS (Jer). He's going to travel back with me to Tacoma, then fly home from SeaTac. He's ok with frequent stops for photo ops and is looking forward to the sights I had on the plan. And, he'll be a big help driving across eastern (boring) WA. LOL. He has on old HS buddy of his in Tacoma he's excited to see.

I can't thank Pat enough for putting together this fantastic trip. The hotel was very nice and the staff wonderful, right up to the time I checked out this morning. And the sightseeing tour was perfect! Can't wait to see you all in October!

Now, if we can just get Amy's luggage home.....

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy KC!

Maybe I need to catch a ride up to Washington/Oregon and get my bag that way? I'm not ready for my vacation to end either!

Southwest Airlines called a few minutes ago and my bag has arrived in San Diego. They gave me a window of 2pm - 6 pm for the bag to be delivered.

Sandi I"m glad you made it safe to KC!

Carla - either I was oblivious or you didn't complain at all:) In other words, you were just fine - I might have been wigging out if it were me! Lots of stress with moving... remind me someday to tell you about the missing finger paint at our house and where it was finally found. At least we weren't selling our house at the time...

Amy - I hope you have your bag by now! LOL to it not being ready to end the vacation yet. Too bad your bag couldn't have come home without you and you could have been the one with the extra adventure;)

Conda - OUCH! Here's hoping it doesn't hurt as much as it sounds like it does:( *hugs*

Archived