Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

It's never too early to start planning, right?? :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant:

So, we have tentatively set Friday-Sunday April 27-29, 2012 as our next meet up weekend. We are looking into locations now. Check your calendars and save the date. Details will come as time allows.

It MAY be a bit early but....207 days!!! ;)

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gals are too funny. You just got back from this year's weekend and already you've got the date set for next year. ROFL!

I've marked down the date, and hopefully I will be able to attend the Spring Meet-up. Got to start saving now.

Carol...can you tell I'm having trouble focusing at work??? I REALLY need a nap...my allergies hit me when I got home and now I Have this crud in my throat and chest... :(

We need to have something to look forward to, right??

Carol...can you tell I'm having trouble focusing at work??? I REALLY need a nap...my allergies hit me when I got home and now I Have this crud in my throat and chest... :(

We need to have something to look forward to, right??

You better believe it. With all of the stress we've been through with the new apartment, I need something to cheer me up and look forward to.

Aren't you all lucky to have so many close enough to make this happen! I'm sitting out here in no-where land! Send me pictures!!

Sandi will have to round up all of her fellow Oregon Scrap Girls and bring you out here sometime ;)

I keep thinking I can swing one of these meets but yall are kind of far away for me.......just out of curiosity, what's a kind of ballpark figure of what a weekend cost is? I have no idea how much I'd have to spend to swing a meet.

I just realized that dh will be at his job and not a school by then. Maybe I can ask him to come home that weekend so I can go...but I'll have to check and see as the time gets closer. I'm still trying to recover from the weekend, lol!

It's never too early to start thinking of the next meeting. Sandi was already discussing 2013;) (in a typo, lol)

Yep, typo. I was so sorry to see you all head home and maybe a little sleep deprivation (of the good kind). LOL. I've got the dates saved.

Man... I was hoping it would be a time when I could actually get away. We are going on a driving trip 2 wks after these days, and pretty sure funds and schedule won't allow my absence at that time.

I really hope you have another wonderful time...

Okey dokey, after checking out several downtown hotels, the only reasonably priced hotel with a complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi, and meeting room, is a Hampton Inn. They only have one meeting room and it sounds like it would be plenty large enough for us. I am going to check it out tomorrow. The sales person I talked to is a scrapbooker too - but not digital. She's intrigued. Aren't they all? LOL

Besides the free breakfast, they can shuttle us wherever we want to go for a photo shoot (there are some possiblilities within walking distance, free airport shuttle (which we usually don't need), pool, whirlpool. It's just minutes from the airport.

We're looking at only $89 a night for each room, double occupancy. Meeting room would be $275 for Friday night and all day Saturday, or $325 if we do Sunday morning too like we did in KC.

There is a Hampton out west too, and I can check that out if you want me too. DH and I have stayed at several Hamptons around the country and like them a lot. Not quite as fancy as Drury, but nice. We don't have any Drurys here.

I keep thinking I can swing one of these meets but yall are kind of far away for me.......just out of curiosity, what's a kind of ballpark figure of what a weekend cost is? I have no idea how much I'd have to spend to swing a meet.

Anyone?

Anyone?

It really depends on the number that attend...which cuts the cost per person for the meeting room. I think the KC meet up was about $200 (less) for the hotel room two nights, and the meeting room two days, plus meals and travel/air fare.

Sara: It depends on which hotel we stay at. Most are in the range of $90-120 per night (plus hotel taxes, which I'm not sure what the usual rates are), and if you have a roommate, your fee would obviously be half of that. You'd have airfare to the Midwest (I haven't flown in 4 years, so not a clue there). Food - variable, but we usually eat at $8-12/entree type places, although you could get by for less with some salads, etc. We often order pizza for one meal. YIKES Conda, I didn't reimburse you for pizza!! Do you have Paypal?? LOL...got distracted there! The meeting rooms are often around $275-325 dollars total, divided equally among all the people in attendance. Eg. last weekend we had 9 people. Hope that gives you some sort of ballpark amount!

Archived