Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've checked out Delta and they do fly direct from Detroit to Omaha (and Tiza, I didn't know OMA, so I just typed in "Omaha" and the site helped me :D ). Like everyone else, I'm tentatively planning to be there, barring anything coming up - and airfare hopefully going DOWN.

Pat, great, speedy job on the hotel! I'll be calling and making a reservation for Thursday (check-in) through Sunday (check-out). If anyone is interested in rooming together, PM me.

My new laptop is on order, but I'm also drooling over Sandi's camera...I'll have to see about finances!

I was checking Ft. Wayne to Omaha and it was in the high $300's. I should check Detroit--only an hour longer drive for me. I checked the sports calendar--nothing on that weekend. That means the annual Jazz band fundraiser might fall then...and I have that senior boy doing everything one last time. I'll keep watching this and see what spring brings.

My new laptop is on order, but I'm also drooling over Sandi's camera...I'll have to see about finances!

My pretty new Canon ELPH 300HS is on order ;)

This gives me 196 days (according to Conda) to practice all the features before the meetup!

Michele...I look forward to seeing you again! Can't wait to see your new laptop too!

Kim...you better be there!!!!!!

YES KIM......

Ok...so...I had a new ehd for this meet up...new laptop for the next one?? (sigh...I really don't NEED one...) I DO NEED a camera bag though...that's on this list. I just can't decide!

This gives me 196 days (according to Conda) to practice all the features before the meetup!

195.5 :happy014:

195.5 :happy014:

:rofl:

AAARGH! Between the airline ticket, the hotel fees, the meals, and all the wants and have to haves, new cameras, new ehd, etc........those $$$$$ really are adding up for me. I really could use a new camera too if I'm going to keep up with all of you and your fancy equipment. :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

Still working on it.

My Point and Shoot camera that's my go to camera when I don't want to take the big one is a Canon Power Shot SX120IS - is that anywhere near comparable to the one you all are talking about?

I didn't realize that the Canon ELPH 300HS was a point and shoot - what's unique about it - just curious?

My Point and Shoot camera that's my go to camera when I don't want to take the big one is a Canon Power Shot SX120IS - is that anywhere near comparable to the one you all are talking about?

I didn't realize that the Canon ELPH 300HS was a point and shoot - what's unique about it - just curious?

You've got a good camera Sara. Stick with it and master it and then think about another. The biggest feature about the ELPH is its itty bitty size, truly a good quality pocket camera. It has lots of great features, none of which is absolutely essential. and there is no "Keeping up", its just about sharing our discoveries as we all branch out into all the related technologies of our interests.

Sara, PLEASE don't think that you have to "keep up with the Jones" in the matter of camera or computer! The first two meet ups that I went to I had a point and shoot. My computer is pretty average - and several years old now. Sara, as for meals, we don't eat at any fancy restaurants. We'll keep it reasonable, I'm sure.

Michelle and Kim, I sure hope it works out that you can come! Anybody flying in and out, I'll be happy to pick you up and take you back to the airport. The hotel also has a free shuttle. It's just minutes from the airport.

You've got a good camera Sara. Stick with it and master it and then think about another. The biggest feature about the ELPH is its itty bitty size, truly a good quality pocket camera. It has lots of great features, none of which is absolutely essential. and there is no "Keeping up", its just about sharing our discoveries as we all branch out into all the related technologies of our interests.

Thank you, Sandi - actually mine is pretty small - probably not as small as the Elph but it lives in my pocketbook all the time, and I do love it - it has lots of good features really. I just had to giggle at Tiza saying that she comes back from the meets wanting all the new goodies that others have! funny! Sounds like me!

Sara, PLEASE don't think that you have to "keep up with the Jones" in the matter of camera or computer! The first two meet ups that I went to I had a point and shoot. My computer is pretty average - and several years old now. Sara, as for meals, we don't eat at any fancy restaurants. We'll keep it reasonable, I'm sure.

Michelle and Kim, I sure hope it works out that you can come! Anybody flying in and out, I'll be happy to pick you up and take you back to the airport. The hotel also has a free shuttle. It's just minutes from the airport.

Thanks, Pat - I know you'll keep it as reasonable as possible - think I don't have a problem swinging the hotel, meals, etc - it's the cost of the airline ticket that has my mind boggled right now - closer to time, I'll do some heavier research on tickets.

No pressure to keep up with everyone. I just really liked Sandi's camera because of the small compact size. My main camera is a Canon PowerShot SX10, but it is just too big to carry around with me all the time. I wanted a small camera that I can carry around in my pocket (on walks, at work, at the baseball game) for those quick pics. So it was an early Christmas present to myself.

I started pricing out airfare, but I probably won't buy tickets until next year. I know Southwest will have sales & specials in the future, so I'm in no hurry.

Agreed, wholeheartedly, with the no keeping up. WE just like to share when others ask, "Whatcha got there?" :) Re; the Elph camera - I'd be totally afraid I'd lose that tiny thing! ;)

Agreed, wholeheartedly, with the no keeping up. WE just like to share when others ask, "Whatcha got there?" :) Re; the Elph camera - I'd be totally afraid I'd lose that tiny thing! ;)

Agreed...

No pressure to keep up with everyone. I just really liked Sandi's camera because of the small compact size. My main camera is a Canon PowerShot SX10, but it is just too big to carry around with me all the time. I wanted a small camera that I can carry around in my pocket (on walks, at work, at the baseball game) for those quick pics. So it was an early Christmas present to myself.

I started pricing out airfare, but I probably won't buy tickets until next year. I know Southwest will have sales & specials in the future, so I'm in no hurry.

I like that, Tiza. I am always buying myself early Christmas presents! LOL. Rich says the IPhone I just ordered is Christmas and birthday! So unfair, don't you think!??? LOL

Oh yes, another thing about not "keeping up" : Y'all have not yet convinced me I need Lightroom! so there;)

Btw, I bought my sister-in-law a necklace here in town the other day for her birthday. An acquaintance of mine makes jewelry and sells at local stores, Etsy, etc. I was STRONG - I wanted it for myself but it's wrapped up for s-i-l. lol

Oh yes, another thing about not "keeping up" : Y'all have not yet convinced me I need Lightroom! so there;)

Btw, I bought my sister-in-law a necklace here in town the other day for her birthday. An acquaintance of mine makes jewelry and sells at local stores, Etsy, etc. I was STRONG - I wanted it for myself but it's wrapped up for s-i-l. lol

As much as Conda tries, she still hasn't convinced me to convert from PSE to CS yet. And I came pretty close to purchasing Lightroom after watching Heather work her magic at the Ohio meetup, but I didn't give in.

The camera is a "necessity" ;)

Archived