Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer driving over flying, and I actually LIKE driving, so 12 hours isn't horrible, but obviously I'd have to take a whole day on either side of the scrap weekend. A few days off from work, I could handle it! Actually, very infrequently I have to spend a week lecturing at the AF base there... wouldn't it be lovely if I had to in April, and it coincided with the meet-up? LOL, too much to hope for!

Oh yes, another thing about not "keeping up" : Y'all have not yet convinced me I need Lightroom! so there;)

Btw, I bought my sister-in-law a necklace here in town the other day for her birthday. An acquaintance of mine makes jewelry and sells at local stores, Etsy, etc. I was STRONG - I wanted it for myself but it's wrapped up for s-i-l. lol

As much as Conda tries, she still hasn't convinced me to convert from PSE to CS yet. And I came pretty close to purchasing Lightroom after watching Heather work her magic at the Ohio meetup, but I didn't give in.

The camera is a "necessity" ;)

"Necessity" is a vocabulary word I use frequently when trying to convince Rich that I need something; i.e. IPhone, IPad, camera, new laptop, trip to Omaha................;) ;)

My new laptop is on order, but I'm also drooling over Sandi's camera...I'll have to see about finances!

My pretty new Canon ELPH 300HS is on order ;)

This gives me 196 days (according to Conda) to practice all the features before the meetup!

O.o CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see the lovely pix/layouts you do with it!

I was checking Ft. Wayne to Omaha and it was in the high $300's. I should check Detroit--only an hour longer drive for me. I checked the sports calendar--nothing on that weekend. That means the annual Jazz band fundraiser might fall then...and I have that senior boy doing everything one last time. I'll keep watching this and see what spring brings.

Kim! I'd love to hang out with you again - our lunch in Akron was soooo long ago. Let me know if you can make it and decide to fly out of Detroit - I'm planning on Thursday thru Sunday. I'm collecting miles on Delta, so that's who I normally fly out of Detroit. Might be a long shot, but we could try for the same flights!

Sara, PLEASE don't think that you have to "keep up with the Jones" in the matter of camera or computer! The first two meet ups that I went to I had a point and shoot. My computer is pretty average - and several years old now. Sara, as for meals, we don't eat at any fancy restaurants. We'll keep it reasonable, I'm sure.

Michelle and Kim, I sure hope it works out that you can come! Anybody flying in and out, I'll be happy to pick you up and take you back to the airport. The hotel also has a free shuttle. It's just minutes from the airport.

Pat - you and Sandi make a great point. We're all excited about the technology in our common hobby and just like we all have different skills in scrapping, we have different budgets for equipment. My laptop is over 3 years old and will take some investing if it's going to last, rather than invest in 3-year-old technology, I'm getting something new - but this is not a "keep up with the Jones's contest" or "she with the best toys wins." We do like to celebrate with our SG friends who get something new and find out more about it - and why they like it. New equipment isn't a requirement, if you can bring it and scrap on it (or take pictures with it), you're good to go!

Sara, PLEASE don't think that you have to "keep up with the Jones" in the matter of camera or computer! The first two meet ups that I went to I had a point and shoot. My computer is pretty average - and several years old now. Sara, as for meals, we don't eat at any fancy restaurants. We'll keep it reasonable, I'm sure.

Michelle and Kim, I sure hope it works out that you can come! Anybody flying in and out, I'll be happy to pick you up and take you back to the airport. The hotel also has a free shuttle. It's just minutes from the airport.

Pat - you and Sandi make a great point. We're all excited about the technology in our common hobby and just like we all have different skills in scrapping, we have different budgets for equipment. My laptop is over 3 years old and will take some investing if it's going to last, rather than invest in 3-year-old technology, I'm getting something new - but this is not a "keep up with the Jones's contest" or "she with the best toys wins." We do like to celebrate with our SG friends who get something new and find out more about it - and why they like it. New equipment isn't a requirement, if you can bring it and scrap on it (or take pictures with it), you're good to go!

Well said Michele!

Very well said Michele. I'm maxed out on buying any new tech toys right now, would rather travel and make memories. We all have different priorities at different times and it was just sort of a coincidence that several of us hit the tech market at the same time. The most important things about these meet ups is the connections we make, not on wi-fi but FTF. Several of these people who were previously just an avatar with some witty or wise comments and heartfelt LOs are now some of my best friends. They are important to me and I am interested in their families, activities, work, play, etc. And that is what these meet ups are all about. We just share our time together. We laugh, we cry, we stay up half the night, we play, share and encourage each other.

The most important things about these meet ups is the connections we make, not on wi-fi but FTF. Several of these people who were previously just an avatar with some witty or wise comments and heartfelt LOs are now some of my best friends. They are important to me and I am interested in their families, activities, work, play, etc. And that is what these meet ups are all about. We just share our time together. We laugh, we cry, we stay up half the night, we play, share and encourage each other.

Exactly!!

The most important things about these meet ups is the connections we make, not on wi-fi but FTF. Several of these people who were previously just an avatar with some witty or wise comments and heartfelt LOs are now some of my best friends. They are important to me and I am interested in their families, activities, work, play, etc. And that is what these meet ups are all about. We just share our time together. We laugh, we cry, we stay up half the night, we play, share and encourage each other.

Exactly!!

ARE WE THERE YET???

I didn't buy any new technology after this last meet up. All I bought was a new book for my kindle on the flight home, lol! Right now, flights are $436, but I'm sure they will come down. My issue is someone to watch the girls.

We'd love to have you come, Mikelle! That's cool about you occasionally coming to Offutt. If you can't make it to them meet up but are in town sometime and have a moment or two to meet for coffee or lunch, I'd love to meet you.

My son is stationed at Offutt. Aren't we lucky? :)

I didn't buy any new technology after this last meet up. All I bought was a new book for my kindle on the flight home, lol! Right now, flights are $436, but I'm sure they will come down. My issue is someone to watch the girls.

If only Huckleberry was responsible enough to babysit, we could send him back up to your house ;)

:monkeydance:

I'd love to have Huckleberry babysit! Although the last time he was here, he did disappear in Lauren's room with all her stuffed animals. He'd probably go hide on them! I know I like to hide from them.

I'm not going to know much until January. Dh will have to get in his new job and see what's up before he can commit to coming home. If I do come, I'd like to arrive on Thursday. That quick trip to KC wore me out!!

Coming in on Thursday seems like the thing to do....an extra day to stay up all night talking. Love it!

Agreed. I came in on Thursday and left Sunday and didn't feel too rushed (of course more SG-time the better!). It was a nice long weekend hanging with the girls!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what?!?!?! I went to the mall last week and found a Charming Charlie's!!!!! I was so excited!

I've already talked to dh about coming and he's all for it. He just needs to start his new job and then put in the leave request, lol!

Guess what?!?!?! I went to the mall last week and found a Charming Charlie's!!!!! I was so excited!

I've already talked to dh about coming and he's all for it. He just needs to start his new job and then put in the leave request, lol!

Yay for Charming Charlie's!! And YAYY for dh letting you come hang out with us again :)

Archived