Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

Guess what?!?!?! I went to the mall last week and found a Charming Charlie's!!!!! I was so excited!

I've already talked to dh about coming and he's all for it. He just needs to start his new job and then put in the leave request, lol!

Yay for Charming Charlie's!! And YAYY for dh letting you come hang out with us again :)

Yay!!! I knew I liked your DH!! :D

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are saving pennies to make a driving trip back east next summer. First to North Carolina, then Tenessee, then Toledo and Detroit. If we take the high road home we could hit Des Moines, or maybe at least Kansas or Nebraska on the way home. Maybe we'll make SG stops along the way!

But! I will put this on the calendar with a definite maybe. It's far enough out I can be on the lookout for airfares and just maybe make it. I would sure love to see you all.. I really REALLY miss you ALL!

We are saving pennies to make a driving trip back east next summer. First to North Carolina, then Tenessee, then Toledo and Detroit. If we take the high road home we could hit Des Moines, or maybe at least Kansas or Nebraska on the way home. Maybe we'll make SG stops along the way!

But! I will put this on the calendar with a definite maybe. It's far enough out I can be on the lookout for airfares and just maybe make it. I would sure love to see you all.. I really REALLY miss you ALL!

That sounds like quite a big trip with your family! I hope you can still squeeze in a weekend for some Scrap Girls fun :)

Just priced airfare - it;s pretty affordable. I'll see if Mark would consider it a Christmas gift or Birthday gift.

Mark is a generous gift-giver and a trip to be with us would be a great gift!

Oh...yes!! Do we need to talk to Mr. Amy? ;)

I've added a link in Post #36 that is our own reservation site. Cool, huh? If you don't want to do it online, you can call it in.

For those that will be coming in on Thursday, there's no problem with reserving a room for that night and I'm sure the same on the other end with Sunday night.

I've added a link in Post #36 that is our own reservation site. Cool, huh? If you don't want to do it online, you can call it in.

For those that will be coming in on Thursday, there's no problem with reserving a room for that night and I'm sure the same on the other end with Sunday night.

Cool! Thanks, Pat! Where's the "like" button for this ;-)

Sara: It depends on which hotel we stay at. Most are in the range of $90-120 per night (plus hotel taxes, which I'm not sure what the usual rates are), and if you have a roommate, your fee would obviously be half of that. You'd have airfare to the Midwest (I haven't flown in 4 years, so not a clue there). Food - variable, but we usually eat at $8-12/entree type places, although you could get by for less with some salads, etc. We often order pizza for one meal. ... The meeting rooms are often around $275-325 dollars total, divided equally among all the people in attendance. Eg. last weekend we had 9 people. Hope that gives you some sort of ballpark amount!

Dotted, I'm reposting this from the bottom of page 1 from when Sara asked:)

Hey Cheri, When I'm "home" I'm in NE Iowa, Cedar Rapids area. I'm currently in Mexico. Always nice to meet another Iowan!

I've been wanting to come to one of these for the past 2-3 years. There's no reason for us all (whole family) to be in Iowa in April, we always like to come up when the weather is nicer. So I'm hoping for maybe a combined Christmas, Birthday, please just let me go, gift. :)

So if I can't make it to this one I'll keep my eyes out for the next one!

So....here is another statistic... 42 days since our last meet up!! LOL

SERIOUSLY!! I had to switch back to an old phone and I had the count down on it. Now, it says 42 days SINCE the meet up. LOL

Sadly, it does feel that long ago.... :(

Archived