Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

Ok this is waaaaaaaaaaaay cool!! I'm so excited!! Since this is post #270 and it would be tough to go back through all posts, but could someone point me to the "This is what to bring" post if there is one? Like, in Ohio we made an ATC about ourselves and exchanged them ... is there anything like that or is it just show up?? :D I want to be prepared!!

We are much more unstructured than the Ohio meetup...Laptop, ehd and camera! Unless someone wants to plan something?? But usually we just scrap and chat and scrap and chat and chat and maybe go on a photo walk...and chatting...

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok this is waaaaaaaaaaaay cool!! I'm so excited!! Since this is post #270 and it would be tough to go back through all posts, but could someone point me to the "This is what to bring" post if there is one? Like, in Ohio we made an ATC about ourselves and exchanged them ... is there anything like that or is it just show up?? :D I want to be prepared!!

We are much more unstructured than the Ohio meetup...Laptop, ehd and camera! Unless someone wants to plan something?? But usually we just scrap and chat and scrap and chat and chat and maybe go on a photo walk...and chatting...

Lots and lots of chatting. Some scrapping, more chatting, we do try to get an outing with some photo-ops in. More chatting. Bring comfy clothes, maybe some workout clothes, good walking shoes, Oh yeah, did I mention we talk a lot? We sit around the room, teach each other new scrapping tricks, talk about great new products, eat, chat, scrap, eat, chat, scrap. Sometimes we sleep. And then we meet for breakfast and chat some more.

Just bring your bright smiling face...and all the usual scrapping/photo stuff :)

I think Conda forgot to mention that we chat;) :giggle_bear:

We have some really lovely places we can do a photo walk, so pray for nice weather! (It usually is in April.)

Based on the crazy weather we've been having this year, by April it will either be snowing or 90 degrees ;)

LOL - true!

I am really glad to be back into scrapping again. I took a little break, but I'm so excited to see everyone again.

will be great to see you again too!!

I could do without them. I am on WW diet. We will see if I still am 84 days from now! I know there are a few health-minded people in this group, and I didn't know if you guys wanted to do some sort of workout during the weekend? Does the hotel have a gym?

The hotel has a fitness room and a pool. I don't think there is enough room in the fitness room to do a group activity, but we might have room in the meeting room to do a workout. Plus, we'll be taking a photo walk. Not a real aerobic workout, but it gets us moving.

I hope to get at least 1-2 workouts in, but that may be a lofty goal, lol. Perhaps a couple of us could bring DVDs to play on a computer and do a workout in the meetup room? Otherwise I may do a workout in Angie's and my room (probably not much extra space) or use the treadmill/whatever in the gym.

LOL - or - given my stair climbing thing I'm doing with DH's business (Fight for Air Climb in Des Moines March 4), maybe I'll just jog up and down all the stairs in hotel for 60 flights;)

Conda & I walked the treadmills in the hotel last meetup. I can always bring along TurboJam or Rockin'Body DVDs if we need extra cardio, or if people have some other DVDs that would work for a group, bring those too. We can always hold water bottles for light weights ;)

Conda & I walked the treadmills in the hotel last meetup. I can always bring along TurboJam or Rockin'Body DVDs if we need extra cardio, or if people have some other DVDs that would work for a group, bring those too. We can always hold water bottles for light weights ;)

I'll bring my disco pants! ;)

I see a layout in the making.........

I see a layout in the making.........

NO cameras allowed during workout sessions!

Archived