Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can make it past this weekend it will be all downhill. We had a baseball game late Friday night (which we won) had to turn around and be back at the fields at 7:20 this morning (they are about 40min away) We got killed for that game (22-2) got lunch, came home for an hour nap..then found out we had to head out for our first game in the tournament bracket, the bad news it was facing the team that beat us earlier. We pulled it out and won 19-9..but that means back out there for a 10am game tomorrow and if we win, then noon. It's a LONG weekend of games. Next weekend we luckily don't have any, then we have 3 more weekends of this left in the season

Gayle and I are in Jerome, ID. A stop to see her sister in SLC and then on to Moab and some photo ops at Arches and Canyonland. Tuesday, on to Denver to see Barbara. And then Wednesday will arrive in Omaha. We stopped for photos along the Columbia Gorge. Fantastic day of travel today, but the bed in the hotel feels very, very good.

Suitcase inspection...

What is it about cats and suitcases? My aunt's cat used to love to curl up in suitcases!

It was a gorgeous day for travel. One day closer to Omaha!

It sounds like you two are having a wonderful time!

Oh my, Angie! That's a lot of baseball! I'm so glad the boys don't have any next weekend so you can be with us.

Theresa, who takes care of Noelle while you are gone?

I guess I should figure that out!! Usually on the short weekend trips, I just set out 2 large food bowls (with enough food for 3 days) and 3 large water bowls, then leave Noelle to ration her meals for herself. But being gone a 4th day this time, I might see if my mom can come over one day and check on her.

I'm frantically trying to finish off an art project that I SHOULD ship out before I leave - wanted to have it ready for the post office tomorrow. We'll see ... also need to organize and clean and pack ... ONLY 4 more sleeps!!

This was a tough weekend for me too. Had my brother's wedding yesterday. It was a blast. Facebook pictures to follow (if I don't have you on facebook add me!) Can't wait ladies! I am super excited!

Still plugging away on cleaning out the house! Got the carpet replaced yesterday and started taking boxes to the storage unit on Friday. We made 2 trips to the storage unit today and I'm out of boxes and energy. I could still bring up boxes from the basement, but I too tired.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting away! It's the only thing keeping me going......

I can't wait to see roadtrip, prom and wedding photos this weekend!!!

The suitcase it out - a small pile of necessities are laid next to it. Laptop bag - check! EHD's - Check! Card Reader - Check! Oh, and I can't forget battery chargers. Will go get those right now - check!

I'm piling things in my suitcase and setting aside clothes that I might want to pack. I've checked the Omaha forecast every day, and it has been different every day. It could be in the 60s...could be in the 80s. Typical Midwest weather. Just makes packing difficult!!

Got to Moab, drove out to Arches for a little bit before sunset, but too tired to take but a couple of snapshots, went to dinner. Back in our room, about to collapse into bed. Will go back to Arches in the morning then drive on to Grand junction in the afternoon. We need to get a good night's sleep. The scenery was gorgeous today, but more gorgeousness (new word) tomorrow.

Hm...to wear the "meetup shirt" or not? lol (Tiza, this one is for you!)

Well now, it wouldn't be the same without it!! ;)

uh-oh ... there is a dress code? :hit-head-with-hammer:

Hm...to wear the "meetup shirt" or not? lol (Tiza, this one is for you!)

Well now, it wouldn't be the same without it!! ;)

uh-oh ... there is a dress code? :hit-head-with-hammer:

LOL...not at all Lei...maybe we can show you IN PERSON... ;) It will be more fun that way!

Can you believe it's snowing here????? It's really heavy so the tree branches are bending. Thank goodness the wind isn't what they were predicting. I don't want anything to get in the way of this weekend!!

Can you believe it's snowing here????? It's really heavy so the tree branches are bending. Thank goodness the wind isn't what they were predicting. I don't want anything to get in the way of this weekend!!

Wow, that's amazing! I was checking Omaha weather - on Wednesday it said 90...a far cry from snow!! Overall, though it looked a bit chilly, more in the 60's. I guess we pack for every possibility LOL.

Archived