Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

Can you believe it's snowing here????? It's really heavy so the tree branches are bending. Thank goodness the wind isn't what they were predicting. I don't want anything to get in the way of this weekend!!

Wow, that's amazing! I was checking Omaha weather - on Wednesday it said 90...a far cry from snow!! Overall, though it looked a bit chilly, more in the 60's. I guess we pack for every possibility LOL.

You are right!! 90 Wednesday and 58 Saturday?? Gotta love the midwest!! The key will be layers guess!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you believe it's snowing here????? It's really heavy so the tree branches are bending. Thank goodness the wind isn't what they were predicting. I don't want anything to get in the way of this weekend!!

Wow, that's amazing! I was checking Omaha weather - on Wednesday it said 90...a far cry from snow!! Overall, though it looked a bit chilly, more in the 60's. I guess we pack for every possibility LOL.

You are right!! 90 Wednesday and 58 Saturday?? Gotta love the midwest!! The key will be layers guess!

Crazy weather changes!

Yep, it sounds like the weather is going to be very changeable. They are calling for rain on Saturday but it may just be late day thunderstorms. Our zoo has a lot of indoor exhibits so we can go even if it's raining. They recently reopened the updated and renovated Scott Aquarium. That and the indoor Lied Jungle alone can make for an awesome zoo experience.

Sounds fun Pat! Just got off the phone with Tiza ... she talked me into the early bird registration soooooooooo ... I'm ready to fly!!

Sounds fun Pat! Just got off the phone with Tiza ... she talked me into the early bird registration soooooooooo ... I'm ready to fly!!

It was nice talking to you :) I hope I didn't confuse you too much!! See you soon!

I bought sun screen to bring with me today. The cashier gave me a funny look, but I just ignored her. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude! I personally love the temperature to be around 70-75, so I'll take the high 60's, too!

I am so excited about the zoo!!!

We had talked about the meeting room for Thursday night and I forgot to report back that they are having a banquet in the room that evening. So, we'll just have to hang out in the lobby or do some sight seeing.

Three sleeps!!!

We had talked about the meeting room for Thursday night and I forgot to report back that they are having a banquet in the room that evening. So, we'll just have to hang out in the lobby or do some sight seeing.

Three sleeps!!!

That's fine! We'll make do :)

Three sleeps!!!

No problem!

Question for the "Scrap Girls' Airport Welcome Wagon" ladies... for all of us flying in, where would be the best place to meet up at the airport??? I'm not familiar with Omaha's airport at all. Personally, I will be checking a bag, so I'll have to go to baggage claim. Is there a good pickup spot there? I know some airports can be very strict about vehicles parking at the curb waiting to pick up passengers.

Is this where they actually charge you $10 to check in early? Usually I check in early and print boarding passes at home. Are they really charging for that now? Really??????????

I am pretty well packed! Just last minute stuff now into the suitcase. I had a dream the night before last that forgot my laptop!!! :rofl:

And I hope Sandi and Cheri bring their meet up clothes!

Three sleeps!!!

Scrap Girls in lobbies! We'll take over the place!!

24 hours from now I will be at the airport!

Question for the "Scrap Girls' Airport Welcome Wagon" ladies... for all of us flying in, where would be the best place to meet up at the airport??? I'm not familiar with Omaha's airport at all. Personally, I will be checking a bag, so I'll have to go to baggage claim. Is there a good pickup spot there? I know some airports can be very strict about vehicles parking at the curb waiting to pick up passengers.

I'll be in baggage claim too ... I think ... did I share that I get lost going around the block?? Honest, I get turned around so easily ... but as I tell my husband, I have other redeeming qualities!

Is this where they actually charge you $10 to check in early? Usually I check in early and print boarding passes at home. Are they really charging for that now? Really??????????

I am pretty well packed! Just last minute stuff now into the suitcase. I had a dream the night before last that forgot my laptop!!! :rofl:

It sounded like a silly idea to me at first, but for as much as I fly with Southwest, I've learned to embrace the Early Bird check-in. Now I buy it automatically.

It gives me peace-of-mind, knowing that I'll be automatically checked in for the flight 36 hours before departure time, which is nice if I can't get to a computer 24-hours prior to my flight. (Or, in my case, when the office's firewall keeps blocking Southwest's website!!! grrr) The time you check in for your flight determines which boarding group you are in. With Early Bird, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be in the 1st boarding group, so I get my pick of seats on the plane (Southwest has open seating - no assigned seats).

Plus $10 isn't much in the grand scheme of things....especially since there are NO baggage fees!

It sounded like a silly idea to me at first, but for as much as I fly with Southwest, I've learned to embrace the Early Bird check-in. Now I buy it automatically.

It gives me peace-of-mind, knowing that I'll be automatically checked in for the flight 36 hours before departure time, which is nice if I can't get to a computer 24-hours prior to my flight. (Or, in my case, when the office's firewall keeps blocking Southwest's website!!! grrr) The time you check in for your flight determines which boarding group you are in. With Early Bird, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be in the 1st boarding group, so I get my pick of seats on the plane (Southwest has open seating - no assigned seats).

Plus $10 isn't much in the grand scheme of things....especially since there are NO baggage fees!

ok - sold! As soon as I get back from taking the kids to school I will check in. It will be about 24 hours ahead of time.

Omaha's airport is like airports everywhere - a no tolerance policy on parking in the pick-up area. The parking garage is right across from the terminal (we're talking 100 feet) but it does cost, of course. I'm thinking that if we have at least two people in a vehicle each time we pick someone up, one person can get out and wait at the baggage claim area while the driver keeps on the move. You can do a circle like at the KC airport. Remember that Conda? ;) You come into the pick up area from the south and then you can follow that back out to the road, turn left (south) and come back in the entrance area.

Be sure to pack your jackets, ladies. Now they are saying low 50's Friday-Sunday. :(

OK - long sleeved shirts being put in the bag now.

Did the early bird for my return trip - thanks for the advise T! It looks like I'm too late for early bird for my trip tomorrow, but I can check in online in half an hour. So, I'm all set to come home, and I haven't even left yet! :)

Omaha's airport is like airports everywhere - a no tolerance policy on parking in the pick-up area. The parking garage is right across from the terminal (we're talking 100 feet) but it does cost, of course. I'm thinking that if we have at least two people in a vehicle each time we pick someone up, one person can get out and wait at the baggage claim area while the driver keeps on the move. You can do a circle like at the KC airport. Remember that Conda? ;) You come into the pick up area from the south and then you can follow that back out to the road, turn left (south) and come back in the entrance area.

Be sure to pack your jackets, ladies. Now they are saying low 50's Friday-Sunday. :(

You would have to remember that Pat!! I chuckled when I read that!!

I have planned to bring capri pants...maybe I need jeans?? LOL

True, there have been flights in the past where I checked in at the 24-hour mark and got a decent boarding number. But there have also been times where I checked in at the 24-hour mark and been stuck in the 3rd boarding group!! It's a toss-up...depending on how full the flight is! I'm not a risk taker, and I like having my choice of seats...so I find the $10 a worthwhile investment :)

I can't check in yet, but I got to chose my seat when I booked my flight. I went with delta through priceline. I wonder if I will get booted out of my seat? I will probably call someone when I land just to let you know that I am here and where exactly to go. Who should I call? I can't wait!

I just noticed... 12 ladies from 8 different states!!

SWEET!!!

I have 2 cases of water I will bring.

I have 2 power strips I will bring. If I get "somewhere" (other than my tiny town) I will pick up an extension cord or two to bring as well....

Amy-I had a dream that I forgot my camera bag! I had my camera though. Maybe it's because I've had a brand new camera bag for a month...and it hasn't been opened yet!!!

Panic is starting set in. You all are printing boarding passes and I haven't even made my "to pack" list yet................................................

Conda!! You passed the 10,000 post mark!!!

I didn't even notice!!! Guess I was too busy panicking... B)

Archived