Knock-Knock Any Psp Users Out There?

TrixyA

I was active at Scrapgirls a couple of years ago and at that time, there were a handful of PSP users active on the site. Is anyone out there still using PSP or have the styles and actions convinced you to switch alliances?

We had a couple of really excellent threads where we all worked on learning some of the more advanced stuff-- masks and stuff like that.

I also have switched over for styles and actions, but like Tiza, still have psp xi on my machine and do on occassion use it so we could probably figure out what you need if you have a question.

Hello-- DiBu here. I'm hang'n tough. I still love PSP and haven't made the switch--although it is often tempting when you see some of the actions available. I sure wish there were more of us PSPers. I'm always in search of other users and new tutorials. If I can help anyone let me know. I've been using PSP for at least 5 years now. Started w/PSP Studio.

Hi Trixy

I still use PSPX2 and although not active on SG forum I do still subscribe to a number of boards including the Paint Shop Pro one and a handful of others, and I also still get my SG newsletter and SG Club items. So although I'm not too chatty on the boards I'm still around and very happy to chat with other PSP users :)

I was active at Scrapgirls a couple of years ago and at that time, there were a handful of PSP users active on the site. Is anyone out there still using PSP or have the styles and actions convinced you to switch alliances?

We had a couple of really excellent threads where we all worked on learning some of the more advanced stuff-- masks and stuff like that.

Hi Trixy - I am a diehard PSP User I just upgraded to X4. - I would love to chat with other PSP users for their helpful suggestions - it is amazing what this program can do - at this time I am enjoying "Scripts" - love what they can do - and there are a variety of scripts out there - Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops! Somehow only got the post I was replying TO, in MY reply - so trying again.

Glad to find some PSP users today, at this site. I scrapbook in PSP x2 - or at least am moving along...slowly...on the rather steep learning curve - as I view it anyway.

Question to other scrappers - am trying out using templates occasionally, and haven't figured out the "Title" or "Journaling" sections yet? Are the fonts and their formatting merely examples? Or is there a way to use them in a template way? To date, I delete that layer, and put in my own fonts. Is there another way?

Thanks for any replies.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post but I'm going to add my two cents to it in case someone is searching for info at some point.

I am a die hard PSP user, too. I just upgraded to X4. I'm assuming the styles and actions in PSE are the plug ins and scripts in PSP, or at least that what it sounds like. The problem is is that very few people are writing their own scripts (actions) for scrapbooking. I do know there are a lot of digital artists out there that write them for other things. I do everything by hand, but I have scripts on my to-do list. I think it's not a great idea to depend on mini programs spmeone made for you that does the work for you because you don't learn that way. Most of what I learned about PSP came from making mistakes and playing around.

The other fatal flaw for PSP is that most scrap tutorials are written for PSE these days. That's not a problem if you have a good working knowledge of PSP because the tuts translate easily between programs. When scrap newbies are looking to buy software, they are gonna go with what most people use and the program that appears to have more resources available. Lots of tutorials exist for PSP, but they are not obvious scrap tutorials. If you look at the artistry that go along with the PSP tuts, much is left to be desired. The tuts don't sell the product. Still, you can take any tutorial for PSP and apply to scrapbooking because tuts teach you how to use the program ultimately, which is really all you need to know to scrap. PSP just isn't geared towards the scrap enthusiast... Corel missing out on an entire market and Adobe is capitalizing on it! I would venture the guess that Corel hopes the price will sway users to their product, but it doesn't. PSE is more friendly for the new user overall.

Question to other scrappers - am trying out using templates occasionally, and haven't figured out the "Title" or "Journaling" sections yet? Are the fonts and their formatting merely examples? Or is there a way to use them in a template way? To date, I delete that layer, and put in my own fonts. Is there another way?

Yes, you need the fonts... they are not include. I don't know if they have fonts at scrap girls here, but you can google fonts... they are easy to d/l and install. The readme of the template may list the fonts' actual names.

• 2 weeks later...

I use PSP. I got psp 9 free a long time ago and since then have updated it. I dont do enough digital scrapbooking to learn a new program or to pay for another one.

There is so much to learn and I am just a beginner.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing digi-scrapping for for just over a year. I was given a copy of PSP XI and then just recently upgraded to PSPX4. I've been torn about going to Photoshop and may yet do so. However, PSP has been great. Most of the time I have no trouble "translating" instructions and tutorials written for Photoshop into PSP "speak". Yes all those styles and acgtions look like fun but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to do them in PSP. In any case you can have a lot of fun trying to work it out, sometimes the "mistakes" are better than what you set out to do in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a die hard PSP user too, I've used psp 7, 9 (my favourite), X2 and X4, I actually make scripts for some works I've done in psp, although this will be the first time I've started scrapping, instead of using other people's hard work.

This addled old brain is trying to learn photoshop at the moment, it's harder than I thought, because most of what you know using psp is not relevant in photoshop or so it appears. I'll let you know how I get on over the next few weeks.

regards

March

I've been doing digi-scrapping for for just over a year. I was given a copy of PSP XI and then just recently upgraded to PSPX4. I've been torn about going to Photoshop and may yet do so. However, PSP has been great. Most of the time I have no trouble "translating" instructions and tutorials written for Photoshop into PSP "speak". Yes all those styles and acgtions look like fun but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to do them in PSP. In any case you can have a lot of fun trying to work it out, sometimes the "mistakes" are better than what you set out to do in the first place.

Eden, you are able to record your work in psp, just make sure you don't make any mistakes :) Look at the script on the toolbar and play around. I've not looked but I'm sure there will be lots of scripts you can import for some tasks. Once I've got the hang on scrapping, I will start making scripts for others to use.

regards

March

March..Keep at ps..As I am sort of die hard on psp too or was. I know psp really really well also but finding new stuff on ps cs3. I think the biggest thing was learning a few short cuts on ps..like you don't copy and paste (you can but you have to go to top of tools to do it.) It is drag and drop instead. Layers are a little hard for me too, I am sure there are easier ways to use ps than I am and I will learn them I am sure.lol. I can remember the first time I opened psp 7..wow..I was like "what now" I had no clue..and now I can use it like it is my magic wand. I am sticking to learning PS as I love some of the brushes and styles and actions I am seeing. I use both programs (and even ps 7 when on my hubby's computer) as I tend to take a image from one to the other to finish it..I just save as png and it works between the two. Good luck from one newbie to another : ) ..Oh and from one psp'r to another..I love scripts too and can use them and record them also but never mastered them the way I like to. lol Maybe I will try to pick your brains on how to do it better..lol..I would love to write a few good ones..lol

I'm a die hard PSP user too, I've used psp 7, 9 (my favourite), X2 and X4, I actually make scripts for some works I've done in psp, although this will be the first time I've started scrapping, instead of using other people's hard work.

This addled old brain is trying to learn photoshop at the moment, it's harder than I thought, because most of what you know using psp is not relevant in photoshop or so it appears. I'll let you know how I get on over the next few weeks.

regards

March

I switched to PSE 9 a year or so ago, but there are still some things I find much easier -and faster- to do in my old PSP7. Especially since PSE 9 takes f o r e v e r to load. :hit-head-with-hammer:

regards

March

I switched to PSE 9 a year or so ago, but there are still some things I find much easier -and faster- to do in my old PSP7. Especially since PSE 9 takes f o r e v e r to load. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Thank you ladies, I will keep plodding along learning PS, but still go back to PSP when it's easier :)

Ladyanne, download python (it's open source) and find some beginner tutorials for writing scripts, it's relatively easy to use, but if you do get stuck, I would be more then willing to help with the little knowledge I have learned.

Regards

March

Thanks March..I know about Python..and can record scripts..a little..lol. My biggest problem is now knowing how to make it interactive so someone can chose the colors or patterns they want..say like if I made a element that is blue and you want red. If it is a photo script for editing photos I understand how to do that..but again in that area I haven't even tried it as I don't work with photos all that much (YET LOL). But I will look at python again maybe I just missed something. I appreciate you help March and trust me I will holler at you for help if I do it..lol. Hugs Anne

Thanks March..I know about Python..and can record scripts..a little..lol. My biggest problem is now knowing how to make it interactive so someone can chose the colors or patterns they want..say like if I made a element that is blue and you want red. If it is a photo script for editing photos I understand how to do that..but again in that area I haven't even tried it as I don't work with photos all that much (YET LOL). But I will look at python again maybe I just missed something. I appreciate you help March and trust me I will holler at you for help if I do it..lol. Hugs Anne

Hi Anne,

When recording a script, you can do the following: Next to the button which looks like a scroll and feather, press the one on the right of that and it should make it interactive. There are certain things you can't do unless you know python, hope this helps.

Best wishes

March

• 4 months later...

Archived