Hybrid Atc Swap

tinkerbell11

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use my real name...but that's just me, I'm sure others use their screen name, or both.

And thanks, teecee, for mentioning taking photos before mailing. I have mine all tucked into the plastic envelope ready to mail but I'll take a couple out to photograph before I send them off. WHEW!! This might have been a lot easier if I hadn't taken on two more major projects at the same time!

Ann, do you keep one for yourself? As long as you do, you don't need to worry about taking photos before mailing the others out. HTH :)

I use my real name...but that's just me, I'm sure others use their screen name, or both.

And thanks, teecee, for mentioning taking photos before mailing. I have mine all tucked into the plastic envelope ready to mail but I'll take a couple out to photograph before I send them off. WHEW!! This might have been a lot easier if I hadn't taken on two more major projects at the same time!

Ann, do you keep one for yourself? As long as you do, you don't need to worry about taking photos before mailing the others out. HTH :)

I do, but it's usually the "odd" one..less than perfect. I'll take a photo of one of the good ones before I mail them tomorrow.

And, Gayle, with the "bling" that I have accumulated, I'll be in these swaps for at least 20 years!

And, Gayle, with the "bling" that I have accumulated, I'll be in these swaps for at least 20 years!

Ann,I plan to be there with you!

:)

Well ladies, I guess you can count me into this group too lol! :D

Buying the "Bling" is the most fun thing for me about the Hybrid swaps. Gives me a chance to stroll the scrapbooking isles at Michaels and only buy a tenth of what I used to buy. I love digital but get to dip into the paper scrapbook pool again.

Buying the "Bling" is the most fun thing for me about the Hybrid swaps. Gives me a chance to stroll the scrapbooking isles at Michaels and only buy a tenth of what I used to buy. I love digital but get to dip into the paper scrapbook pool again.

I hear you Dianna! That's what I love about hybrid - the best of both worlds lol!

When I date mine, I usually use the date of the month of the swap which is the same month of the chat, which in this case is December. I also like to include the theme. It is nice to be able to look through your ATC binder and be able to look at the backs and recall what the theme was - but these are my preferences.

I'm gonna whine here .... I have my atc all designed and I have it all printed, cut, punched, ink destressed and ready to assemble with the exception of one top piece that I was resizing to print this morning and my printer sputtered and jammed and I worked on it for 30 minutes and then it died! SO FRUSTRATING!! So first thing this morning I'm out the door to go buy a new one. The store I went too I did a little research online first and wouldn't you know they did not have the machine I wanted in the store so I had to spend an hour there weighing and measuring and I hope and pray I made the right decision on a printer. I was surprised to learn that a lot of the newer desk printers are not equipped to handle a lot of card stock ... well that is not an option here - I'm so totally hooked into hybrids now between cards and ATC's and now dabbling in mini albums (Thanksgiving one soon to be posted in my gallery here) and yes, I've joined the "blessed blooming bling" club and will be a member for a loooooooooooong time!! LOL

Now - off to set up the new printer and get that top layer printed so I can assemble!!

I'm gonna whine here .... I have my atc all designed and I have it all printed, cut, punched, ink destressed and ready to assemble with the exception of one top piece that I was resizing to print this morning and my printer sputtered and jammed and I worked on it for 30 minutes and then it died! SO FRUSTRATING!! So first thing this morning I'm out the door to go buy a new one. The store I went too I did a little research online first and wouldn't you know they did not have the machine I wanted in the store so I had to spend an hour there weighing and measuring and I hope and pray I made the right decision on a printer. I was surprised to learn that a lot of the newer desk printers are not equipped to handle a lot of card stock ... well that is not an option here - I'm so totally hooked into hybrids now between cards and ATC's and now dabbling in mini albums (Thanksgiving one soon to be posted in my gallery here) and yes, I've joined the "blessed blooming bling" club and will be a member for a loooooooooooong time!! LOL

Now - off to set up the new printer and get that top layer printed so I can assemble!!

Oh Lei, I'm so sorry you've had all this trouble! Hoping your new printer will be just the right one for you! Sending you some hugs!

I hope your new printer is awesome and does what you need for you, Lei - it's always something, isn't it?

And as far a bling goes, I have renamed my dining room table the "bling table" - I still have not cleaned it off - my excuse is that I'm waiting to find the right way to organize it all! :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

Lei, I'm so sorry you're having this frustrating challenge.

We've had color laser printers for many years, which don't handle cardstock - I'm adept at turning that into a feature with a hybrid matte or something. Not as fast, and I go through a lot of double sided tape, but I'm usually happy with how things turn out.

Lei, I hate printer problems. Sorry you had to go through that.

I got a blank 8 x 8 "board book" at Michaels and made my Daughter-in-law an album of the engagement photos I took of her. It was only about 10-12 pages. I had such fun designing the pages. I printed them out on the home printer and then my honey sprayed a matte finish on them to protect the photos. But then I had even more fun pasting it all together, adding ribbon & glitter tape and a few butterfly 3D stickers. She LOVED it and even put it out on a table at the wedding for all her guests to see. I would love to make all my albums like that. the majority of it digital being able to do all the fun digital things like blending photos, etc and then add pretty ribbon, glitter and stickers. I have one board book left, and just waiting for the right occasion to use it!

I am happy to announce that mine are in the mail, on their way to Shannon's house! Let me know when they arrive, please!

Wowser - you beat me this month, Ann!! I'm happy to report that my new printer/copier/scanner is working like a charm and the top piece that killed the old printer is now printed and my ATC's are now ready for assembly. I am hoping to hit the Post Office tomorrow with my envelope to Shannon ... I'll confirm that tomorrow. :-)

Well, I can't believe I gave in - but you all have sucked me into this hybrid stuff!

And I was getting so nervous hearing so many were finished it pushed me along and mine are printed, cut, glued together and drying-well overnight for blinging tomorrow.. Funny thing is I went out and bought all this stuff to decorate my card, then when I started going through what I already have, only have to keep minimal of what I bought!

I resisted Lei trying to talk me into hybrids for a year.... But she and you all have successfully recruited me, too I suspect! I'm afraid that me too-- I'm a keeper... :)

Well, I can't believe I gave in - but you all have sucked me into this hybrid stuff!

And I was getting so nervous hearing so many were finished it pushed me along and mine are printed, cut, glued together and drying-well overnight for blinging tomorrow.. Funny thing is I went out and bought all this stuff to decorate my card, then when I started going through what I already have, only have to keep minimal of what I bought!

I resisted Lei trying to talk me into hybrids for a year.... But she and you all have successfully recruited me, too I suspect! I'm afraid that me too-- I'm a keeper... :)

LOL Marilyn! Welcome to the wonderful world of hybrid! :D

I'd never steer you wrong! Welcome aboard!!

I am so missing not participating in this swap this time - I just feel so covered up with life right now that I didn't want to commit to something and not be able to complete it - I can't wait to see all of your hybrids in the Gallery!

Next time for sure! Hybrid ATCs are such fun - sticky fingers and all!

Marilyn, so glad you decided to take the plunge!

I'd never steer you wrong! Welcome aboard!!

Thanks and so true, Lei - you are correct! :)

I am happy to announce mine are done! yay all safe and sound in the sleeves with Diane's ! Waiting for more to play with and see!

Yay! I'm hoping to be able to get mine mailed tomorrow...

I just got back from the post office and mine are winging their way to Shannons!

Carla - with your new technique that you wanted to try - I can't wait to see them!!

Archived