Hybrid Atc Swap

tinkerbell11

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interested in this but have no idea how to use RL scraps, just digitally. Is there a chat? what time for central time? Do all products used have to be purchased now? Or can I use what I have and not all are Scrap Girls?

I have been dying to do this for a couple years.

If I am not too late I want to be included.

Hugs

I am interested in this but have no idea how to use RL scraps, just digitally. Is there a chat? what time for central time? Do all products used have to be purchased now? Or can I use what I have and not all are Scrap Girls?

Hugs

Olivia - the directions are posted in Shannon first message in this thread. We use ScrapGirls digital papers, embellies, etc, designing our 2.5 x 3.5 card in our photo editing program, then print them on cardstock and decorate with real bling you can find at a craft store, like buttons, brads, gems. glitter, lace, etc etc. There is a deadline for creating all 12 (or however many of us are in the swap) cards alike and mailing them to Shannon so she can distribute them before the next chat which is December 12th 6 PM mt (5 PT / 7 CT / 8 Est). It is my experience that once you sign up it is a good idea to get started as the time can get away from you and then you feel pressured and some end up dropping out - so I personally just find it better to get a good jump start on it. Any other questions - don't be afraid to ask!!

Ok I believe I understand. Is there anywhere that shows examples? Visual aid is a great learning ability I have.

I am so excited. I guess I should wait until tomorrow to find out who is on the list?

Hugs

Olivia - the directions are posted in Shannon first message in this thread. We use ScrapGirls digital papers, embellies, etc, designing our 2.5 x 3.5 card in our photo editing program, then print them on cardstock and decorate with real bling you can find at a craft store, like buttons, brads, gems. glitter, lace, etc etc. There is a deadline for creating all 12 (or however many of us are in the swap) cards alike and mailing them to Shannon so she can distribute them before the next chat which is December 12th 6 PM mt (5 PT / 7 CT / 8 Est). It is my experience that once you sign up it is a good idea to get started as the time can get away from you and then you feel pressured and some end up dropping out - so I personally just find it better to get a good jump start on it. Any other questions - don't be afraid to ask!!

Thanks for the great answer Lei!

Ok I believe I understand. Is there anywhere that shows examples? Visual aid is a great learning ability I have.

I am so excited. I guess I should wait until tomorrow to find out who is on the list?

Olivia did you want to sign up then?

The gallery for past cards is here.

Ohhh just take me off the list. I just had a dip in my mood and feel very disappointed. Not at this thread. Just feel discouraged. I tried to join chat for a color challenge for aniversary and no one was there, sorry I can't help how I feel.

Well, I was thinking of skipping this round, but last year the cards were all sooooo beautiful... go ahead and count me in please Shannon. Thanks!

I'm going to have to sit this one out - Rich has to have another carcinoma surgery - this time in the hospital - and believe it or not, while we were at the doctors last week to schedule his surgery (and to see if he actually needed another one) the surgeon found two spots on my face that he says need removing (mine are done in his office surgical suite though). And we have some other things going on that are just going to probably deplete me of any extra energy I have -

Oh, and doc said we will both have two beautiful black eyes! :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

I will miss all the beautiful cards but I'll be ready on the next go-round!

Sorry you're having to go through this, Sara. As one who has had multiple minor surgeries for all types of skin cancer (melanoma included) I really empathize with you. Take care...and you never know when an extra card might find its way to your door step.

I'm going to have to sit this one out - Rich has to have another carcinoma surgery - this time in the hospital - and believe it or not, while we were at the doctors last week to schedule his surgery (and to see if he actually needed another one) the surgeon found two spots on my face that he says need removing (mine are done in his office surgical suite though). And we have some other things going on that are just going to probably deplete me of any extra energy I have -

Oh, and doc said we will both have two beautiful black eyes! :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

Hugs Sara, you are both in my prayers! Sorry you can't join us!

Sorry you're having to go through this, Sara. As one who has had multiple minor surgeries for all types of skin cancer (melanoma included) I really empathize with you. Take care...and you never know when an extra card might find its way to your door step.

Oh, you are so sweet, Ann! Thank you. I'm not looking forward to this "minor surgery" at all - this is Rich's 2nd one on the same spot and my first. At least we will both have our black eyes together at the same time!

You are such a sweetie!

Oh, Sara, I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll miss you!

Thank you, Gayle - I will truly miss it -since I had to drop out of the last one I had anticipated no problems signing up for this one - life sure gets in the way of all of our fun, huh?

Hugs Sara, you are both in my prayers! Sorry you can't join us!

Thanks, sweet Shannon! I will miss it so much - I had really counted on being in this swap since I had to drop out of the last one - definitely the next one! The ATCs are so much fun - hybrid or regular!

Oh you ladies are good! I'm still trying to decide on a design ... I thought I had one nailed down but then I see something and my mind begins to play with other ideas and I don't know which one to do!! LOL oh the fun of it! :)

I am sorry but I am going to have to drop out. My computer is causing me extreme problems. I cannot open anything. On DH's laptop right now. Last time this happened I had to reload everything to include all of my styles & actions......... It took FOREVER. We are on vacation Thanksgiving week so I have little time to make this all happen! Sorry!

Archived