Hybrid Atc Swap

tinkerbell11

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not in this swap this time, but had a major meltdown with my computer this morning - ALL of my SG downloads have disappeared! They are on my EHD but it's going to take me some time to get them back on my hard drive - I can't believe it! Those gremlins are really getting around!

I am convinced it is Vista. I was convinced last time but my DH who is way smarter on this was not. His computer friend said today - Vista........... I hate this. I wanted all of your ATCs........... Had the digital part done for the ATCs. Cannot get it done..... Also in the hybrid card swap. Not hybrid.......

Will look forward to what you post!

Karen

I am convinced it is Vista. I was convinced last time but my DH who is way smarter on this was not. His computer friend said today - Vista........... I hate this. I wanted all of your ATCs........... Had the digital part done for the ATCs. Cannot get it done..... Also in the hybrid card swap. Not hybrid.......

Will look forward to what you post!

Karen

My problems are all Mac related - I wish I had an answer for you regarding Vista but I know nothing at all about PC's really. I'm so sorry you are having troubles too. I have worked and worked on getting my files back and so far..........nothing! My next move is to take my computer over to the Mac guys who know everything about everything and I feel sure they can fix my problem. They always do - they amaze me! And they make it sound so simple that I usually leave there feeling like a complete *** after they tell me what's wrong. AAAAARRRRGH!

I hope you get your problems solved quickly too. I've never had this problem before with my Mac - I'm just completely confused this time!

I know what I'm going to do and have bought the supplies for the hybrid part. I Just have to get through my boyfriend's daughter's wedding on Friday before I can concentrate on it. We are all so busy with last minute prep, rehearsal dinner, wedding and then brunch on Saturday. :whew:

I came up with an idea for my card(s). I might do more than one, you never know. Now I just have to find the photos that I want to use. I have plenty of Christmas bling, so I won't have to buy any more.

I'll probably start the cards this coming weekend. I'm still unpacking and can't find a lot of stuff that I use for scrapping hybrid cards. Hopefully they will surface this week. I think I have a couple of boxes in my closet that I put there to get them out of the way.

A few questions from a Newbie --

How do you ladies normally sign and number? Digitally or by hand? Do you use "Nov 2011" or an actual date?

Do you give credit anyplace for the supplies used?

The back should contain the name, date and number?

Thanks! Getting excited - just printed my first trial of the digital part and collecting more bling than I could use on TEN ATC's! :)

I usually just put Nov 2011 and then hand number. It's all up to the artist.

And I am closing in on finished products here! Should be in the mail by the end of the week, unless something else (like another project) gets in the way!

A few questions from a Newbie --

How do you ladies normally sign and number? Digitally or by hand? Do you use "Nov 2011" or an actual date?

Do you give credit anyplace for the supplies used?

The back should contain the name, date and number?

Thanks! Getting excited - just printed my first trial of the digital part and collecting more bling than I could use on TEN ATC's! :)

Hi Marilyn, for the backs on mine I use Elisha's ATC templates: ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards. I've seen different things from different artists, but I think the main things to include are your name, the date, and number. You don't need credits for supplies on the cards themselves, just when you post a photo of the card (we usually do this just before the chat) you would want to include your credits in your description the same way you would for a layout.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask. HTH :)

I use my real name...but that's just me, I'm sure others use their screen name, or both.

And thanks, teecee, for mentioning taking photos before mailing. I have mine all tucked into the plastic envelope ready to mail but I'll take a couple out to photograph before I send them off. WHEW!! This might have been a lot easier if I hadn't taken on two more major projects at the same time!

Archived