• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Well, since discovering this amazing option....I may just go blind very soon. Have read 3 books in 7 days.....and have 143 on my "Wish List" Do any of you use this Feature of your local Library? AND the best part....NO late fees....I have personally funded the addition of our Library with my late fees (well, almost LOL)
Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 diannecp

diannecp

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • Personal Statement:Artist, writer, daughter, wife, aunt, child of God. I'm just a "work in progress."

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

funny you should mention this. i was just checking out the library offering of Kindle books - looking at 100 or so of the 3400 titles, not one was available! waiting lists ranged from 2-10 people ahead. i think i'd be frustrated and tempted to just purchase them instead (and i really have been trying not to buy books lately). i don't have a kindle but was thinking about one. . .
Posted Image

"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott. My blog (Unfinished Work)

#3 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Our library also has a lot of its e-book stock checked out. However, the waits have not usually been too bad--I just put them on my wishlist, and download when it comes available.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#4 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,227 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

I have the Nook from B&N, but I haven't thought about the Library as having ebooks. I might have to try that after I get settled in my new condo. The Library is right up the street from me and in walking distance. I'll have to check it out.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for September 2014, 7290 -- 7212 as of 9-18-14

#5 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,845 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

I'm so excited that the Kindle can now use library ebooks! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited to!

#6 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

DH and I are on the waiting list for one at our library. I don't mind "hold lists" at the library at all. I am a dedicated library user, and though I REALLY REALLY wanted a Kindle, would have never bought one for myself b/c of that reason. DH surprised me with it a year ago; I love it, but don't purchase much to put on it. I think it's really cool that they finally set up the Kindle for library books!

tn_gallery_7171_358_48818.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#7 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

Oh, yes...gotta love those digital downloads from the library! Our local library just started with the Kindle offerings, but I've been downloading audio books to my iPod for a couple of years. Nice to have company on long drives or walks. And for those books with characters with distinctive dialects (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and The Help come to mind) it's a delight to HEAR those characters.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#8 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

I have the Nook from B&N, but I haven't thought about the Library as having ebooks. I might have to try that after I get settled in my new condo. The Library is right up the street from me and in walking distance. I'll have to check it out.

Oh you will have to check it out....I have a hundred and 83 on my "Wish List"...Have found many on my wish list at Barnes and Nobel to buy they have at the Library...I am in HEAVEN!!!!
Untitled 1

#9 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,845 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm now on a wait list for several books at the library. It will save m a ton of money!

#10 KFiasco

KFiasco

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have so many books in my archive that I haven't even thought about the library. I'll have to check it out for my mom who is spending a lot on books.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 18,023 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

I checked and our library doesn't have that available. We could use the Memphis library, but would have to pay for our cards. Hoping Collierville will come through soon. We manage to keep quite a few books on ours waiting to be read, mainly due to getting most of the free Friday books from B&N> We do have 4 that I have bought recently with gift cards my kids gave me for my birthday. Just started Maeve Binchy's new one last night.

gallery_15063_3635_1064.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG_Olympian.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#12 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I LOVE Lynn Austin's books....Check those out.
Untitled 1

#13 LaLo1103

LaLo1103

• Design Team
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

I read on my ipod. Its just so convenient to be able to read when ever, where ever! I am hopelessly behind the times, but I trying to get caught up on all the Janet Evanovich books before "One for the Money" comes out in January!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSignatureSmv2.jpgButton_Designer.png
StayNeutral150_zpsb56b2cfe.jpgLLO_TwilightTrickery_ColBig_MKTG_150.jpgLLO_BoyJoy_ColBig_MKTG_150.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users