Printing Lo's With Professional Photos

Guest LJHawk

Hello, I'm a newbie at dig scrapping, and have completed a couple of 12x12 layouts, stored them on my harddrive. I do not have a wide format printing and am thinking of using an online professional printing service. My question: In a couple I have used photos that a professional photographer have taken. Will a printing service print my layouts without any copyright problems?
Thank, LJHawk

Guest PhotoByLaurie
[quote name='LJHawk' post='60561' date='Sep 28 2006, 03:47 PM']Hello, I'm a newbie at dig scrapping, and have completed a couple of 12x12 layouts, stored them on my harddrive. I do not have a wide format printing and am thinking of using an online professional printing service. My question: In a couple I have used photos that a professional photographer have taken. Will a printing service print my layouts without any copyright problems?
Thank, LJHawk[/quote]

Hopefully not...but sadly most labs and printers do not block the reproduction of copyrighted photographs. You [i]do[/i] need to contact your photographer for permission before scanning/reproducing the image. Most of the time they will be fine with it...but you have to ask.

Welcome to both of you!

I don't know much about this as I print my own layouts, but I have heard that sometimes Walmart won't even print photos that YOU took because they LOOK too professional! So go figure! I think that if the photo looks professional, you need permission.

Guest PhotoByLaurie
[quote name='wxchic' post='60761' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:10 PM']Welcome to both of you!

I don't know much about this as I print my own layouts, but I have heard that sometimes Walmart won't even print photos that YOU took because they LOOK too professional! So go figure! I think that if the photo looks professional, you need permission.[/quote]

Thank you. I'm a professional photographer (which is why I am very passionate about not breaking copyrights!) and have never been into scrapbooking. I am exploring digital scrapbooking as a way to create unique albums for my clients.

This site seems to be very informative and I think I'll get a lot out of it. Thanks again for the welcome!

Laurie

Guest pammcgraw
[quote name='PhotoByLaurie' post='60769' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:48 PM'][quote name='wxchic' post='60761' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:10 PM']
Welcome to both of you!

I don't know much about this as I print my own layouts, but I have heard that sometimes Walmart won't even print photos that YOU took because they LOOK too professional! So go figure! I think that if the photo looks professional, you need permission.[/quote]

Thank you. I'm a professional photographer (which is why I am very passionate about not breaking copyrights!) and have never been into scrapbooking. I am exploring digital scrapbooking as a way to create unique albums for my clients.

This site seems to be very informative and I think I'll get a lot out of it. Thanks again for the welcome!

Laurie
[/quote]
Welcome Laurie,

Please go to Forum Topics under "Layouts Bound in a Book?". As a photographer you may be interested in learning about Heritage Makers, an on-line publishing co. that would allow you to create beautiful hardbound books for your clients. Would be happy to give you more info. if you are interested!

Pam

Guest PhotoByLaurie
[quote name='pammcgraw' post='60971' date='Oct 1 2006, 04:07 PM'][quote name='PhotoByLaurie' post='60769' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:48 PM']
[quote name='wxchic' post='60761' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:10 PM']
Welcome to both of you!

Laurie
[/quote]
Welcome Laurie,

Please go to Forum Topics under "Layouts Bound in a Book?". As a photographer you may be interested in learning about Heritage Makers, an on-line publishing co. that would allow you to create beautiful hardbound books for your clients. Would be happy to give you more info. if you are interested!

Pam
[/quote]

Thank you...I'm already familiar with them. That is how I found ScrapGirls, actually!

Laurie

Archived