Organizing Scrap Girls Monthly Club Downloads

sanot

how do you organize the Scrap Girls Monthly Club downloads? do you put each month as their own collection? looking for ideas, since I just signed up to get 6 months of it (yeah today's sale!) thanks for your input, ladies! Amy (sanot)

Mine just go into each designer category in my downloads - I've thought about a separate folder for them, but have never done it - so far, so good!

YAY for joing the Clubs!

I organize my stuff by collections, and use Picasa as my organizer. I create a folder with the full name of the collection. And then I'll put all the coordinating products together in subfolders in that main folder. The subfolders will have the type of element in the name, like paper, embellishment, cluster, and such. Usually the designer's already done this. This is especially helpful when a collection has a long name - in those cases the designer may abbreviate the title in the file names. Picasa automatically delivers search results based on file names. For example Angie Briggs abbreviates Being With You to BWY in her file names. so, a search for Being With You won't turn those results for me, unless it's in a folder called being with you. My being with you folder is called Being-With-You. If I'm looking for Angie's stuff, I know to search for ABR. That is in all the file names so it will come up.

And I can't always remember who designed what, but I can usually remember collection names.

works for me.

I also use Picassa. I started with folders for kits by name, but now I'm moving to the designers names with sub folders inside naming the respective kits. . I have made some attempts to get my stuff sorted out by Ro's sytem, but haven't finished that up.

The first thing I do is unpack the download so that everything in a kit is in one larger (kit_nameofkit) folder. The only thing I keep in file here is the alphas. I keep a folder for each designer and then inside that folder I have the kit by name. I don't seperate out which ones are from the clubs. I have another folder where I keep previews. This would be for the Scrap Girls Clubs. I scrap by kit a lot, so this helps me. It would probably be easier to put everything away the first time using Ro's folder system, but it scared me.

For the scrap Simple Clubs, I 'unpack' and sort the items into categories ala Ro's system, so I have a folder of ScrapSimple papers, ScrapSimple Embellies, etc.

hth,

candyK

I am using Picasa, and I am creating a folder under Collections called Picturesque. Within that folder I have a subfolder for paper, embellishments, word art, and alphas. But then there's other stuff that I'm not really sure where to put it, like the photo base/mask clusters. I put the layouts in their own folder called EZ layouts. Any of the full JPG and PNG sheets and put them in a folder called full JPG and full PNG with other jpg and png sheets from other collections.

Archived