Actions

I recently went to Lion and PSE 10 at about the same time. Yikes. Don't know if I have this question in the right department... We haven't been able to install my Actions in PSE 10. My husband said they are for Windows. Does that mean that Mac PSE 10 will not use actions or do I need to get ones from SG that are for Mac? Or could it be that I only need instructions on how to install them on my Mac in PSE 10? A couple examples of my actions are BMU_SSTools_Mega Lift I Squared. atn and RO-SSActions-PopEdges_2201.atn.

Lou Ann, I don't think the actions are only for windows. The description in the boutique would specify if they were. I don't know anything about Macs but there must be a way to do it. There should have been instructions included with your purchase. They are usually in a separate download file. Check for that.

I finally found the instructions for loading actions in the PSE 10 help file. Here they are for Windows and Mac.

Copy the .atn file to one of the following locations:

Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_US\Workflow Panels\actions (this is also the location for Windows 7)

Vista C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_US\Workflow Panels\actions

Mac System library/Application Support /Adobe /Photoshop Elements /10.0/Locale/en_US/Workflow Panels/actions

The next time you start Photoshop Elements, the action will appear in the Automated Actions guided edit menu.

The location that the .atn files need to be copied to is new. Once they are loaded, you will find them listed in "Guided Edit" > "Action Player". This is a new feature in PSE 10 and it's pretty cool. The only thing that I couldn't find a way of doing was displaying the .png thumbnails so once I had the .atn files copied to PSE10, I changed the file names to be more descriptive of what the action does.

Hope this helps!

Lynne

Archived