Whats Best For Travel?

Scrapin Pat

We are so excited about a planned trip to Ireland in the spring. We are traveling with all my husbands siblings and their spouses. We have already connected with family there and have a great - go back to your heritage - type tour to plan. I do know that because of the number in the group and the fact that we are renting cars that we will have limited luggage room. (Definately a problem for an over packer like myself) So it's time to find that ideal bag that will hold my cannon rebel camera - 1 telephoto lense and my purse items ($ passport etc.) and not way 2000 tons because I am going to be on the move.

I know lots of you are European Travelers ... I druel over your layouts :) Any suggestions for me?

Google Kelly Moore! She has great camera bags that look like purses. Some are too big to carry, but many are exactly what you're looking for. Enough room to hold a camera, lenses, etc and areas to keep you personal stuff, including your cell. I would love to get a couple of her bags. A big one for all my stuff and a small one for carrying. I have one of those backpack type ones now and don't really like it. It's very inconvenient to get at things when you need them. Good luck with your shopping! Have a safe and wonderful trip! :-)

This is always a good question. With carryon luggage being limited, especially on commuter and overseas flights finding just the right camera and computer carrying luggage is a key to a good trip. Your adventure sounds absolutely marvelous. I've recently discovered the Tamrac aero and rally line of bags. They are both very slim profile and are nice looking (not pretty purses, but still neat), and very easy to use. I have an aero 5 I usually pack in my checked bag (I and stuff it with my small items for packing so it doesn't take up too much territory in that bag) and carry on my Tamrac messenger bag with camera, lenses and computer. I have a couple different style Lowepro backpacks, and for car travel they are fine, but for a walk-around I can really recommend the aero bags. Can't wait to see what you come home with after your fabulous trip!

• 3 years later...
Get one of those expensive canvas British bags that will make you look like Indiana Jones and get all your equipment soaked when it rains. You can look rich, roguish, and foolish all at the same time.

If it were me, I would keep it in a pelican case or something like that. Just in case one of my $2 a day porters drops it or something.

Archived