Mac Pse6 Loading Actions

pamelann

This is my FIRST time to use a Forum, so if I'm doing this wrong, please set me straight!

I am using a mac notebook and PSE6 and last week I took a big step and purchased some tools. Two Actions and Two Styles

I have read and tried to follow the special directions for loading my new Actions and I seem to have missing folders in my PSE folder. It says to follow this thread MACINTOSH HD\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0 or 8.0\Photo Creations\Photo Effects... but when I get to the Photo Creations folder, I don't have one. In fact there are NO folders in the Photoshop Elements 6.0 folder.

Therefore, when I try to do the second step: Next rename the Mediadatabase.db3 to MediadatabaseOLD.db3, it is located at Library\ Application Support\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0 or 8.0\Locale\ en-US and restart Elements... I don't have the Locale folder either.

I tried creating the needed folders, and putting the files there, but PSE still didn't see the Actions.

I also tried un-installing PSE and then re-installing it... it was the same, those folders weren't there.

Any ideas on what's wrong/how to fix it?

Thank you for any help!

pam paulson

You are sure doing this correctly and welcome to ScrapGirls and the Forums!

I work on a Mac laptop with PE6 also and seem to remember having the same problem as you. But, eventually I DID find the correct folders!

Hang on - I am going to try to see if I still have the conversation where I asked about it.

I followed the threads you wrote about and I DO have the Photo Creations folder.

Ok.. Off to look some more.. Back in a bit - or someone else might come along while I'm looking. We're a helpful and friendly group! :)

Ok... Found what I wanted!

Read this thread I started a while back - you will see that I was asking the EXACT same question as you are!

Especially pay attention to what Angie told me. Angie is ScrapGIrls' "Customer Extraordinaire" and is more helpful than you can even imagine. . And, then some! :)

Anyway - try poking around after you read this and see what happens.. Hope it helps. Let us know and I'll poke around more. Or, like I said, someone else will come along and add on!

Good luck and again - welcome to ScrapGirls!

Here's the LINK

Oh gosh...I'm so glad you found that. I'm really bad with Mac advice (as I've never used one) and you probably just happened to ask that same question after I worked with another customer and she figured it out (need to remember this for next time)

It does sound like though a Mac is just like a PC in this instance. On a PC there's also 2 spots where the styles seem to go for Adobe. One, of course the easy to find one, is the wrong spot. Then you have to dig, and dig some more (including unhidding hidden folders) to find the correct spot.

I hope that other thread helps Pam!

Oh, Angie, I remember so distinctly how happy I was that you gave me suggestions and helped!

I just had to figure out how to find the thread, once I found to look for "My Content" - there is was, right back when I was a newbie! :)

(Told ya' Angie's GREAT, Pam!)

Write again Pam if you are still having trouble or need help and I'll look to see where I went wrong last time...

Good luck! :)

Okay, got it... after much clicking on the same stuff over and over! Macintosh HD is different than "my" HD. Who knew! I always thought they were the same thing! I've used a mac's since the beginning (1986)!

Thank you! Thank you! I can now see my new Actions and Styles!! This is a very nice place to visit, so friendly! Can't wait to try them out tomorrow while the kids are at school! No pre-Thanksgiving housework for me!

You're very welcome - so glad I could extend the help Angie gave ME! And, it's funny - same thing happened to me, as I remember.. I kept going over and over the same thing, then checked what Angie told me, then all of a sudden -- there is was -- right where I thought I'd been checking before that.

Happy it worked for you - and you are right - this is a very kind, friendly and helpful place. Glad you found us

The confusing part is that there are 2 Library folders: one in your Home folder (icon looks like a house) and then a Library folder in your actual hard drive-that is the one you want to access. So look on your desktop for your hard drive and double click on it to open and then follow the directions. Hopefully this helps you and you get those actions loaded and you are on your way to making a layout! Judy

Archived