2012 Calendar Dilemma

Riley's mom

Hi all,

I am just starting to digital scrapbook and have Photoshop CS4 that I run on a Mac. I just purchased ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: 4x6 - Cut Out 2012 Plus Perpetual Calendar by Syndee Nuckles located at http://store.scrapgirls.com/manufacturer/63/Syndee-Nuckles.

If you look at her samples, you'll see that the background paper shows through the letters of each month. I cannot get mine to do that. I've tried every configuration of layering possible, but my monthly letters are grey.

I'm attaching a low quality .jpg of what mine looks like and if you look at Syndee's, you'll see the difference.

I'd really like to do this calendar to send out instead of Christmas cards this year and I have all of the photos picked out. If I could just figure out exactly how to make it look like the samples, I'd be good to go.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help advise a newbie!

Lesley

Lesley, I don't have this product, but to me it almost looks like the bottom paper extends underneath the top photo which has the cut-out for the letters of the month. I could be totally wrong - as I said, I don't have this product. If there are no directions, try to pm Syndee and ask her - she wouldn't mind answering your question.

I don't have this calendar set but this is what it looks like to me, based on the product page:

Place your background paper above the gray panel and clip them together. (Hold down the ALT key, point to the border between the two layers and click.)

Place your photo above the black layer and clip those two together, which will cut the month out of the photo and reveal the background beneath.

Does that work?

I don't know what Syndee wrote, but the other possibility is that there is a blending mode applied to the upper layer, whichever it is. Blending modes require that you experiment, but they can reveal or hide, dramatize or play down content depending on the colors and blending mode used.

I don't have this calendar set but this is what it looks like to me, based on the product page:

Place your background paper above the gray panel and clip them together. (Hold down the ALT key, point to the border between the two layers and click.)

Place your photo above the black layer and clip those two together, which will cut the month out of the photo and reveal the background beneath.

Does that work?

Robin,

Thank you for including those instructions in your post. Does it work? Well, yes and no. :blush: I learned something new from you - how to clip - but I still cannot get mine to look like Syndee's. This is one of those times when I wish I could just watch someone doing it. I know it's got to be easy and I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of going out for store bought cards and chalking up digital scrapbooking as 'over my head'.

Lesley :banghead:

Did you get it Lesley? I'm anxious to see.

Sandi,

Oh my goodness! I think I've got it! Only a thousand times wrong first, but as long as I can replicate what I just did, I think I have it!!! Oh, and I was SO ready to give up.

Thank you so much for your help!! Maybe there's hope for me yet!

Lesley

Does that work?

Robin,

Thank you for including those instructions in your post. Does it work? Well, yes and no. :blush: I learned something new from you - how to clip - but I still cannot get mine to look like Syndee's. This is one of those times when I wish I could just watch someone doing it. I know it's got to be easy and I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of going out for store bought cards and chalking up digital scrapbooking as 'over my head'.

Lesley :banghead:

Robin,

I think I just figured it out! I hope I can do it again...

Thanks so much for your help!

Lesley

Archived