Bridge Keywords

Schwabby

Does anyone use Bridge that would be willing to export your keywords out so I could import them into my bridge? I am just getting started in organizing and trying to cut down on time. If you need help exporting the keywords I can help with that!

Thank you so much!

Schwabby

I used to use Bridge, but it was bogging down my computer too much <<sigh>> I really liked how it functioned! Wish I knew that keywords could be exported/imported. Wish I could help you though. Sorry.

Hi and welcome to ScrapGirls, you will love it here

I use Bridge all the time and absolutely LOVE it.. however I don't use keywords.. if I want to find something I just use the Find window (Cmd F on a Mac, Ctrl F on a PC, I think...I use Mac) and then type in what I am looking for...for example if I want something blue... i type in blue, making sure Bridge looks in the correct files, you can add to your search by adding a second requirement..like flower...and then Bridge searches through all your files, the ones you have told it to search in... i search in 'kits' for example in my SG files and it will show me all the blue flowers throughout all my kits...hope this makes sense

Hi and welcome to ScrapGirls, you will love it here

I use Bridge all the time and absolutely LOVE it.. however I don't use keywords.. if I want to find something I just use the Find window (Cmd F on a Mac, Ctrl F on a PC, I think...I use Mac) and then type in what I am looking for...for example if I want something blue... i type in blue, making sure Bridge looks in the correct files, you can add to your search by adding a second requirement..like flower...and then Bridge searches through all your files, the ones you have told it to search in... i search in 'kits' for example in my SG files and it will show me all the blue flowers throughout all my kits...hope this makes sense

ah! So you are using bridge to look through the kits names? Are the designers pretty good about naming everything correctly?

I am not new to computer graphics or scrapbooking but I am new to digital scrapbooking!

That is so sweet for the two of you to welcome me! Thank you! I think I am going to like it here!

Schwabby

HI there, yes, we are very good at naming our products.. and, for me personally, I don't have the time to keyword every single product in my stash, I'd be old and grey before I was done, LOL. so it works great for me.

You could give it a try and see if it works for you too... if not, it was worth a shot anyway... and you would get to see all the gorgeous product that fell under your topic selection.

• 5 months later...

Marti

I did not realise that this is what the Photoshop Bridge was for as I have it with my CS3 and just had a play.

You need to make sure you have shown in the large centre area the file you want to look through and I found it worked better to have ticked to look in sub folders.

I am not about to use it as I prefer to use Picasa which is far quicker for searching for things.

Hi Marti

I use Bridge on my Mac and find it is great for previewing and finding items. Yes it does search by file names. If you want to sort your supplies in more detail use the keywords function as well. I haven't done this as it would take too long. It would have been helpful to do from the beginning.

For a quick search type your word/s in the quick search field (the space with the magnifying glass icon) and press enter (windows) or return (mac).

For a more detailsed search choose 'Edit > Find'.

• Choose a folder to search, then select the search criteria. To add criteria click the + sign and to remove click the - sign.

• Choose the match menu options (to match all or any of the criteria). Selecting 'Any' will net you more results. Click the option to search the sub folders or the source folder (the one you chose at the start).

• Click 'find'.

Hope that helps. :)

Good Morning! Welcome to Scrap Girls! Just to add my two cents worth (I use Picassa, but this should work in Bridge as well). I don't tag within a particular program, I've switched programs and had computer crashes causing me to start all over again. Instead, I rely on the designer's file names and then put them in folders according to broader categories (Papers, Embellishments, Alphas, WordArt, etc.).

Ro also has a system that a number of us modify to fit our workflow and use. You can find Ro's organization system here: 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

Archived