Anyone Live In Central Virginia?

jenrou

Jean, I'm in Western North Carolina - not too terribly, terribly far from where you are - but not tooooooo close either! I so wish we could get a meet together that I could afford the travel for!

Hi Sara,

Sometimes I drive down I-81 or I-85 going to AL where my son lives. Maybe one of these days it will work out where we can meet. It would be fun to talk "Scrapping." I also usually camp somewhere on the Blue Ridge during warmer months. The thing is, most of my trips are spur of the moment, but not always. :mellow:

Jean

Hi Sara,

Sometimes I drive down I-81 or I-85 going to AL where my son lives. Maybe one of these days it will work out where we can meet. It would be fun to talk "Scrapping." I also usually camp somewhere on the Blue Ridge during warmer months. The thing is, most of my trips are spur of the moment, but not always. :mellow:

Jean

The Blue Ridge Parkway is right here and we can get on it not 10 minutes from my house Jean so if you ever do decide to make a spur of the moment trip just let me know and I'm sure we can figure out a way to meet somehow - that would be wonderful! We like to camp too - we have a small motor home and we love nothing more than going "camping" even if it is kinda local! We've even been known to take our camper just 20 miles away and just getting away from home!

I'd love to meet you!

We have a small 22ft Roadtrek, and I mostly use it. My husband seldom goes-he is not a camper. If he coould play his drums, he might, but I can see a drummer playing in a campground! :lol:

One year I met my son and we camped near Bryson City just outside the Nat. Forest. We went tubing and had a good time. Since then, the owners we knew have sold it and moved back to Richmond. Actually my ancestors, the McCays, used to live in McCaysville hundreds of years ago.

Have you ridden the train up to the Gorge near Bryson city?

We will have to think about meeting up when the weather is better.

Jean

Archived