2 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin's Grandma

Gavin's Grandma

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Have been prowling the forums knowing there must be a thread that already answers my question, but not really finding. One post says that actions in this scenario go in Photo Creations>Special Effects>Filters. My version of PSE5 follows the path UNTIL I get to Special Effects, and within that folder are three folders...filters,layer styles and photo effects (with a folder within photo effects named image effects and another one named Frames). Exactly where in this chain do my actions get stashed and can the .psd and .png thumbnail files stay in the same folder as the .Atn files? Also, what is the difference in function between the two thumbnail files? Do I actually need them both? Lots of questions in one post but I really want to do all the beautiful things I am seeing. Thanks for any clarification.

#2 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

I use PSE9 and actions go in the Photo Creations, Photo Effects folder. There you should see files with ATN as the extension. That is your action file.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for September 2014, 7290 -- 7212 as of 9-18-14

#3 Gavin's Grandma

Gavin's Grandma

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

And do the .png files go in the same folder or some other folder or sub folder? Thanks for the quick reply. I used computers all the time when I was working, but this feels a bit like rocket science right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users