6Th Annual Cookie Recipe Card Exchange 2011

April Showers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea! I sent my card off...went with a holiday standard that many might already have, but thought that maybe people would like it all done up on a card for their collections.

If you did it all up pretty, then I definitely want it in my collection!

Yea! I sent my card off...went with a holiday standard that many might already have, but thought that maybe people would like it all done up on a card for their collections.

If you did it all up pretty, then I definitely want it in my collection!

Oh, it's very pretty! I used one of Brandy Murry's Christmas Collections to make it! ^_^

At first I didn't pay attention to the directions, so I saved a dozen times, then realized I didn't have to make it 72 pixels and resize it, like for a LO.Just call me a newbie!

I finally reread the directions! This was fun and a learning experience. Thanks for doing this, AprilShowers.

Jean

At first I didn't pay attention to the directions, so I saved a dozen times, then realized I didn't have to make it 72 pixels and resize it, like for a LO.Just call me a newbie!

I finally reread the directions! This was fun and a learning experience. Thanks for doing this, AprilShowers.

Jean

You're welcome!

And you can post the 72 dpi version in the gallery after you get your link to the recipes.

Hi... I've never done a recipe swap before so thank you for the templates... I made one card, but I think I'm gonna do another one too because the first one is such a simple recipe and I figure everyone already knows it, but they're my favorite Christmas treat so I couldn't resist just in case somebody didn't have this recipe...lol.

-LilGray

Hi... I've never done a recipe swap before so thank you for the templates... I made one card, but I think I'm gonna do another one too because the first one is such a simple recipe and I figure everyone already knows it, but they're my favorite Christmas treat so I couldn't resist just in case somebody didn't have this recipe...lol.

-LilGray

Welcome to ScrapGirls! I'm excited to see your recipe!

-LilGray

I made another one too and I'm about to send them both to you... we don't need to give credit for the scrap supplies we used on the card right?

-LilGray

I made another one too and I'm about to send them both to you... we don't need to give cred it for the scrap supplies we used on the card right?

After April distributes the files to us, we can post them on the messageboard. You would give credit for the supplies when you post them. It's not necessary on the card itself.

And Welcome to Scrap Girls! We'd love it if you introduce yourself on the New Members section. We're so glad you are joining in!

After April distributes the files to us, we can post them on the message board. You would give credit for the supplies when you post them. It's not necessary on the card itself.

And Welcome to Scrap Girls! We'd love it if you introduce yourself on the New Members section. We're so glad you are joining in!

Ok Thanks, I was wondering about that... I don't usually participate... I'm usually a lurker, but this week I have been Miss participate... this recipe exchange makes the third thing I've done with the Scrap girls this week... I also sent in a story and answered the questions about the video Ro sent us the other day... and I started posting on my own blog too (just Art journal pages I made this week and some Calendar pages I've been working on for my family for Christmas.) I hope I can keep participating cuz so far I've had a lot of fun, though I did cry a lot as I wrote my story... the people in the library where I use the computer were looking at me funny...lol.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

-LilGray

I made another one too and I'm about to send them both to you... we don't need to give credit for the scrap supplies we used on the card right?

You're right, the credits don't need to be on the card. There wouldn't be room for them. :)

Wow, people are submitting multiple cards?!! This is going to be an awesome swap! I'll probably HAVE to purchase a recipe box from Michaels and then I'll probably HAVE to decorate it with my SG supplies! :P

And then maybe you'll have to make another for a SG that lives kind of near you. ;)

Wow, people are submitting multiple cards?!! This is going to be an awesome swap! I'll probably HAVE to purchase a recipe box from Michaels and then I'll probably HAVE to decorate it with my SG supplies! :P

What I do Angela, is buy an inexpensive album that holds 4x6 prints. They usually have ones that are two pockets on a page. I usually make a title card for the year. After we receive the files, I upload mine to Walgreens to have them printed and I usually am able to find an album there too.

I'm working on mine today!

What I do Angela, is buy an inexpensive album that holds 4x6 prints. They usually have ones that are two pockets on a page. I usually make a title card for the year. After we receive the files, I upload mine to Walgreens to have them printed and I usually am able to find an album there too.

I'm working on mine today!

Pat, that is an awesome idea too! Your method of having the cards printed at Walgreens is killer! That way if I have the card out loose in the kitchen or in my purse for the grocery store, the print will be more "robust" than just jet printer ink on cardstock. Some of my "use all the time" recipes I run through my husband's laminator, which works well for those but I wouldn't want to laminate all of them.

How do you submit the files to Walgreens? On-line? A CD to the store? It's been years since I've had photos printed, so I'm not sure how that works now days.

If you go to Walgreens website, you can click on their Photo section and set up an account. They lead you through uploading your photos and ordering is really easy. I think you can do the same with Shopko, Target, Walmart, etc. I've just had really good luck with Walgreens. I usually watch for a coupon too either in the Sunday ads or on their site.

Just finished my card and sent it!

Archived