I Need Some Ideas

Sara Arell

I always give my oldest college student Granddaughter, Sara money for Christmas but grew tired of just writing her a check or handing her the cash several years ago. Last year, I found a very hard puzzle box to put the money in, year before that I made 20 bars of soap and imbedded the money in each of them, (Nanny, do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to use all this soap before I get my money" LOL

So, this year I bought a brand new stack of 100 $1 bills and am going to make them into a "notepad" type thing where she can tear each bill out as needed. I know how to pad it so that the bills will come out easily, but I am drawing blanks when it comes to how to make a cover and a back cover for it.

Any ideas, anyone?

Morning, Sara. How about a calendar cover and matching plain back?

What I mean is, the kind of calendar that has the entire year on one page - or for that matter you could do six months on the front, six on the back cover.

Print the front and back covers head to head on one sheet so they can be folded over your money pad and attached.

I don't see anything exactly what I mean in the Boutique, but Jen Red has an 11x17 calendar that maybe can be adapted?

At any rate, it might describe more what I"m thinking.

I also know the photo machine in our Walmart has a 4x6 yearly calendar template where you plug in a photo and it only costs about 40 cents!

Hope this helps and what a thoughtful idea for your granddaughter! :)

Calendar

Morning, Sara. How about a calendar cover and matching plain back?

What I mean is, the kind of calendar that has the entire year on one page - or for that matter you could do six months on the front, six on the back cover.

Print the front and back covers head to head on one sheet so they can be folded over your money pad and attached.

I don't see anything exactly what I mean in the Boutique, but Jen Red has an 11x17 calendar that maybe can be adapted?

At any rate, it might describe more what I"m thinking.

I also know the photo machine in our Walmart has a 4x6 yearly calendar template where you plug in a photo and it only costs about 40 cents!

Hope this helps and what a thoughtful idea for your granddaughter! :)

Calendar

Thanks, Marilyn - I was thinking a fun front and back cover - she's a Junior in College - into peace signs, texting, that kind of stuff - I looked through the boutique to try and find what I wanted to design the covers but so far haven't found anything and yet, I know I saw something once when I didn't need it!

Archived