How To Make Papers Fit

Joey

I have my papers, I have my photos, I have my ideas. However, I don't know how to make an album size paper fit into a 4x6 Christmas card project. If I use the handles and drag to resize, the papers are always distorted. I just know there must be a better way, but I don't know what it is. I am using PSP X3. Any help would be most appreciated.

You can open the 'paper', make a duplicate and then close the original for safe keeping. Then resize the copy, but since it's a square image, the closest you can get would be 6x6. From there you can either choose to let some of it "hang over" the edge of the 4x6 or use the corner handles to drag it in to fit. If you use the top or side handles that causes a distortion, but if you use the corner handles and drag diagonally it works great.

Maybe someone else will come along with a better solution. :-)

Thank you so much. I immediately grabbed my "Picture Yourself Learning PSP" wonder book and looked up the topic resizing image. So much to do, sooooo much to learn, so little time. Thank goodness for ScrapGirls.

Thanks so much for all your help. What a simple, but very effective step is image resize.

When I printed, I realized that 4x6 is too small. Will have to double check for proper card size. Anyway, attached is my layout as 4x6. If you have any suggestions, you will not hurt my feelings.

Joey, this is so lovely! Hard to believe you're new. There are lots of solutions to the resizing, and the right scale for your projects. Some papers can be sized down from 12"x12" to 6x6 and work great, others are better at a slightly larger size with more "overhang." Just keep up the good work, and you'll be rolling quickly. Check out the free books and the Scrapbooking Secrets for PSP in the boutique; I believe you'll find those very helpful to learn more techniques, too.

In any case, welcome, and thank you for sharing your wonderful card!

Sometimes you can extract a portion of the paper that will stand alone as 4x6, depending on the pattern. I often make some 4x6 papers out of 12x12s. If the design is more around the edges, you can make 2 copies, slice some off each, and slide them together. THat works for resizing frames, too.

Thanks for the kind words. I went to bed and could not sleep thinking of all the things I needed to do to my card.....shadows, a brush behind Merry Christmas. maybe some frames.

Oh My Gosh! Am I now an obsessive digiter? Gotta go buy some more embellishments.

The card is beautiful! I love the boys draped in Christmas lights. When I go from 12 x 12 to 4 x 6, I usually get down to 6 x 6 & then clip it to the image size. Like your two patterns in the background & the ribbon divider is a great idea.

Your card is wonderful, Joey! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I use PSE but I think the principle would be the same. I either use the paper full size or reduce it down somewhat and then use my marquee selection tool set to a ratio of 4x6 or whatever size ratio I'm looking to end up with.

I, too, often get ideas, either just as I'm trying to fall asleep or sometimes in them middle of the night and I know I won't get to sleep unless I get up and do something with the ideas! So, you are not alone. :)

Archived