Over The Moon With My Printed Scrapbooks!

First, I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all the designers for their beautiful products, the layout artists with their inspiring images, and all the members who answered my questions as I was learning, and left so much love and encouragement on my layouts! ALL of you were significant factors in helping me get this book done; thank you!

I uploaded 98 layouts in book form to MyPublisher last Monday, to take advantage of their Cyber-weekend sale (65% off orders over $200.) The six books would have been approximately $650 without the sale. With the sale, and with shipping, they were a total of $259, or about $43 apiece. I selected a taupe linen cover, with an image inset on the front, and their "standard" paper. I'm not quite clear on whether or not this is the same paper for 12x12; my book is 8.5x11 landscape. I ordered six copies of the book, with more than a little trepidation, despite my sister's earlier successes with them. The six books shipped on Tuesday, and I began tracking the Fedex shipment, practically hanging on every update. Sadly, I missed the driver on Saturday, and this order required a signature despite a release on file. It took a couple of days, but I've opened the box now, and I am over the moon!

The paper is heavy, satin-finish, and the fabric cover is lovely. The colors are exactly what I saw on screen and hoped for. The images are beautifully aligned in the spreads. The "trim loss" on the full-bleed images is no more than 1/4" at the spine binding, and about 1/8" on the outside edge, and a little less than that on top and bottom. I am SO thrilled with the quality, the color and resolution, and proud to be able to give these to my FIL, BILs, and DH for Christmas.

I definitely won't wait so long to do another book. I may even collect other layouts and some of the ones out of these, and do another book soon. For those of you who have not printed your layouts, do so! Even disparate layouts side-by-side are still wonderful to peruse away from the computer! (many of mine were spreads, but by no means all of them.) Their software was easy to download and install to "organize" the book locally on your PC as you went along, and yes, they have periodic sales, from good to great. However, the I'd never seen a discount quite as deep as Cyber-weekend this year. Whether you use My Publisher or another vendor, don't put off getting your layouts printed--it's worth it. Thanks again to all who provided technical assistance, and for the fabulous products here--I only used SG products.

If you'd like to take a look, I've shared it on my Facebook page, and it's also here: RPCrane_90years. In case this link is too long, I've made a Tiny URL to RPCrane_90Years. Enjoy!

Wow, Barbara! Oh, my - what an awesome creation! Absolutely gorgeous! Such beautiful memories so beautifully scrapped. Thanks so much for sharing your album with us. I can see why you're over the moon

Oh, Barbara, thanks for the update - you know how much I have enjoyed watching your beautifully touching album come to life! I've actually thought a few times that I should go look for it in one place, but something always gets in the way and then I forget... So, I am very glad that you posted the links and am looking forward to poring through your album all at one time. :)

Thanks also for the tips on your printing - sounds wonderful and I'm going to save that info, too. Can't wait to hear how thrilled everyone is with their gifts -- actually can't wait to SEE how thrilled they are - hopefully you'll take pics and we'll all get to be a part of it.

Merry Christmas and thanks again!

PS - looking at your heritage pages throughout the year, I became more intrigued with the idea and recently scanned some old pics of my Mom's for possible scrapping... Then, I bought a collection at the last sale which is so unlike what I'd usually buy, but I bought it with heritage pages in mind. Last night I started a page and am almost finished and ready to post -- see how inspiring you are! THANKS! :)

Barbara, your book is wonderful! I loved every page of it. What a job it was to put it together -- but, you are right, it is so much better to see as a book. (Well, of course, I'm seeing the "book" on the computer screen, but it felt and looked like a book, so I can imagine what the real one is like.) Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse of your family. It actually brought a tear to my eye, so I can just imagine how your family will feel when they receive their gift. Good for you!!

Archived