Psp X3 Questions

bigmama

Okay I am working my way thru the secrets revealed tutorials. I have tried the first three, but when I upload a photo the bottom layer disappears. What am I doing wrong? I stopped after trying 3 times to get it to look like Ro's. Am I overreacting? Should I just plow ahead? Also how do I save a copy of a pic before I start? Do I need to or does x3 automatically save one, and if so where is it? Lol, I know this is jumbled, just like my brain right now. Thanks for any help. Oh also do I need to resize photos first? So totally lost...

Hi there, Do you have your Layers Palette open? Your bottom layer may still be there but not visible in your working space.

I use PSP X and have used the trial version of PSP X3 and found them to be very similar. I also have Ro SBSecrets PSPX. Mine are numbered QT1 through to QT20. Which one are you doing? I'm happy to try to work through these with you.

The videos are the same I am sure, just for different programs, I downloaded the ones for media player because they take up less space, but are now numbered thru 31, but came in 5 zip folders.... But yes I have had the layers palette open, in Ro's videos which you know are step by step, I open a new raster layer, then browse for photo, on hers she merges the layers but it still shows both layers in the side panel, mine the bottom layer disappears and the photo fills the page inside PSP. I assumed that I did something wrong so stopped, but I guess I should stop being so afraid and just keep working through it? I am very computer savvy, usually, but am afraid of messing up my pics, so I guess I am hesitant here..... I appreciate all of your advice and help. Thanks again you guys....

Durin, you are a fellow GA girl, thank you so much for the help. I am out of my element and trying to get comfortable with this new program. I work on my computer many hours a day for work and school, so am not usually scared of them, lol.....anyway the tutorial videos are step by step, and very helpful, but I think with it being different versions maybe it just looks different? I think I am going to plow ahead and see what happens. I also have a PSP visual book and a digital scrapbook guide, so am trying to learn about the program, the idea of scrapbooking digitally and the video tutorials. I have never made a scrapbook of any kind, nor have I used PSP before, so am very green...thanks again.

One thing about digital scrapbooking ~ you learn so much by being curious and pressing buttons, experimenting and playing ~ kind of like a curious child. :) It's fun and you will soon see that it's very hard to make an irrepairable mistake. (Some of my best work is from "mistakes" and experimentation!)

So glad to have another Georgia girl here!! :D

Hi there

Merging two layers will end with you just having one layer. If the layers you merge are the same size or the top layer is larger then the bottom one will be lost. However, if the top layer is smaller than the bottom layer, your merged layer will show both layers but now they will be in one layer.

I agree Durin forge ahead just make sure that you copy your photo and save it with a new name and then it doesn't matter if things go wrong, you'll always have your original photo to start again with.

Hope this helps.

Okay here is my first attempt at a page, made it through video 6 of the Secrets Revealed video for PSP. feel free to give helpful hints to make colors mesh better. I used only freebies I have gotten from Scrap Girls- the Narrative Special Collection Paper and Emblem and Frame, 2011 ScrapGirls, and ScrapSimple Word Art Templates:Eureka 2001 by Brandy Hackman, I hope I gave all credits corectly. Thanks so much girls, I have learned so much today. Now I am off to the movies with my baby boy who is 10 and my youngest daughter who is 24. Take care and be well.

Archived